Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Supply Planner will have responsibility for all production and packaging planning at the Reading Plant. The master scheduler is responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring products through the complete production cycle. Master schedules work with a number of individuals, including supervisors, customer service, clients, and functions as necessary. This position will provide control functions related to fulfillment, including: daily planning, intermediate/long term production scheduling, establishing and maintaining material inventories, and warehouse management function.
This position will have full responsibility for all short term planning requirements for Godiva North America. The short term planning responsibilities include the scheduling of all intermediate processing (candy manufacturing & WIP packaging work centers) and finished product packaging operations using a fully integrated, closed loop, ERP system. Operational Execution includes the finite scheduling and on time availability for all seasonal finished goods and new product SKU's by ship dates, while minimizing obsolescence and maintaining a customer fill rate of 98.5%.
1. Execute & publish schedules utilizing Capacity Planning and Material requirements programs to ensure Case Fill Rate of at least 98.5% while not exceeding inventory targets and utilizing available labor pool.
2. Maintain system integrity to keep the information accurate and dynamic, thus reducing changeovers on the floor, correct material availability, accurate process flow, and accurate capacity planning.
3. Launch all new Seasonal Collection and New products by ship dates. Member of cross-functional Operations/Marketing team that meets regularly to review the status for all new/seasonal/ongoing products.
4. Ordering of materials to meet production schedules – utilizing MRP to create requisitions for ingredients and packaging
5. Supports both Godiva and pladis products manufactured in Reading, both core and seasonal products
6. Must launch all new Seasonal Collection and new products by ship dates - highlighting to planning manager and appropriate x-functional peers when there are risk to timing and/or product availability.
7. Actively manage ingredient and packaging inventories to meet working capital objectives.
8. Directing the production floor during the daily operations meeting, and as needed in writing, with instructions when schedule attainment/inventory shortages/quality problems arise and communicate issues to Customer Service.
9. Maintaining the computer system data integrity on a continuing basis (updating product master, keeping work orders updated and properly maintained/closed)
10. Update Capacity Requirements Planning (CRP) report to accurately reflect intended build of finished goods.
11. Communicates with purchasing department to ensure timely delivery of materials to meet schedule demands.
• Project management skills; ability to actively participate in and lead cross functional project team.
• Confidence and success in problem resolution, resourcefulness and the ability to adjust to changes.
• Written and oral communication skills; ability to articulate issues & concerns, in a timely manner, to the appropriate internal customers and cross-functional peers.
• Analytical skills and attention to detail
• Proven people skills required, must have ability to work with others while effectively handling internal pressures
• Understanding of MRP and Finite Scheduling processes.
• Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
• Minimum of 5 Years of Planning/Scheduling/Forecasting Experience in a Manufacturing environment.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or Economics from an accredited institution required
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in materials planning or procurement in a manufacturing environment
• Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of MRP/Material Planning Systems
• Ability to work in a matrixed organization with a focus on collaboration
• Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a growth oriented and fast paced work environment
• Results oriented with excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to interface with all organizational levels
• Excellent communication skills, able to respond and interact with both internal and external stakeholders at every level
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Credible team player with good influence skills, particularly with regards to qualitative, abstract concepts
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.