Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
As part of a direct selling team, this entry level role is responsible for growing the corporate customer base through retention and acquisition of new customers. This position will move through the sales cycle to find new prospects, maintain current customers, develop sales presentations for customer programs, and close sales. This role will need to meet/exceed provided sales goals and provide management with reports as needed.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• generate and qualify leads
• source and develop client referrals
• prepare sales action plans and strategies
• schedule sales activity
• develop and maintain a customer database
• develop and maintain sales and promotional materials
• plan and conduct direct marketing activities
• make sales calls to new and existing clients
• Via the phone - develop and make presentations of company products and services to current and potential clients
• negotiate with clients
• develop sales proposals
• prepare and present sales contracts
• maintain sales activity records and prepare sales reports
• respond to sales inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person
• ensure customer service satisfaction and good client relationships
• follow up on sales activity
• perform quality checks on product and service delivery
• monitor and report on sales activities and follow up for management
• participate in sales events (as needed)
• monitor competitors, market conditions and product development
Education and Experience
• Entry level role: zero to two (2) years previous sales experience
• knowledge of relevant computer applications
• knowledge of principles and practices of sales
• knowledge of customer service principles
• knowledge of basic business principles (business acumen)
• experience in making presentations
• planning and strategizing
• verbal and written communication
• negotiation skills
• resilience and tenacity
• stress tolerance
• goal driven
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are aware of a widespread scam that involves impersonating HR colleagues across different organizations. Impacted jobsites are currently working to address this issue and ensure a resolution. Please understand that this is not related to any Godiva sites nor is this a Godiva IT issue. This is a very unfortunate situation and we would like to take this opportunity to assure you that Godiva Chocolatier would never:
• Contact you via a personal email accounts
• Utilize any social media chats or hangouts to conduct interviews
• Send you checks or wire transfers for the purchase of equipment
• Provide you with new hire documentation without having met you or completing an application
If you believe that you have been contacted by someone fraudulently posing as a Godiva HR colleague, please contact us immediately at 800-946-3482 and then choose option 3.