Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The position is responsible for supporting the Retail Finance. This position will partner with the Senior Analyst, Retail Finance to provide visibility to results to drive top-line and bottom-line growth in Godiva's Retail Channel. This channel alone is responsible for delivering over half of Godiva's North American sales.
• Support the coordination, analysis, preparation, and presentation of strategic plans, annual operating plans, and forecast updates for the Retail business. Implement processes to improve Sales forecast accuracy.
• Provide analysis of expense trends and identify cost reduction opportunities. Support the implementation of process improvements that lead to more efficient payroll budgeting.
• Perform analysis of the drivers of Retail growth (internal and external). Develop recommendations to maximize sales growth opportunities.
• Analyse monthly financial results of the Retail business and review conclusions with operating management.
• Work closely with the Senior Analyst, Retail Finance to penetrate a variety of data systems and processes to provide much greater insight into Retail growth trends through analysis of key drivers (Transactions, average sale, product lines, store formats, etc.).
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum education: Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel; experience with Hyperion is a plus.
• Strong attention to detail & accuracy.
• Excellent analytical skills (particularly financial modeling).
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Maturity and poise (able to interact with executives and senior management)
• Ability to work in fast paced, limited resource environment and multi-task priorities.
• Strong work ethic, takes initiative.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to take a “hands-on” approach to problem solving and success in working in a team environment.
• Creative problem solver – Ability to analyze problems and find new and efficient ways to resolve and improve processes/systems.
• Individual must be able to contribute as a member of a cross-functional team.
• Normal office working environment
• Possible travel (approx. 5%) to Spring Ridge, PA office
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.