Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Head of Beverages R&D has the responsibility of leading the design and development for global beverages assortment for our Business units around the globe. She/he will elaborate the medium and long-term beverages roadmap for our shops and cafés world-wide. Besides the design and development of new products, product- and process optimization, as well as brand value initiatives and brand maintenance activities for beverages are the responsibilities of the Head of Beverages CoE.
• Accountable for developing a long-term portfolio roadmap delivering on the company’s strategic growth agenda in collaboration with Category Heads and Chief Marketing & Innovation Officer
• Accountable for creative and fundamentally new global product innovation, including use of industrial design for new products to deliver new customer experiences. Freedom-to-operate assessment to be conducted prior any launch or application of new processes and new packaging.
• Strong networking between the category CoEs. Execution of local initiatives, guided by the correspondent category CoE.
• Accountable for commercializing new product development, brand value and brand maintenance for the beverages category across the globe.
• Run local R&D initiatives coordinated R&D Beverages CoE activities across regions.
• Accountable for generating, gathering and synthesising ideas for new product development and building initial concept business cases to present at the start of the innovation funnel.
• Accountable for leading food science and chef activities for the Beverages CoE, including new innovative methods and tools for product development
• Works closely with Engineering and Procurement teams to understand new opportunities in ingredient technology or engineering technology
• Budget responsibility for the Beverages CoE.
• Accountable for efficient pipeline management in driving projects through the stage gate process, generation of robust technical and commercial business cases and coordination of end-to-end product and packaging engineering.
• Benchmarking towards competition.
Skills, education, experience or other qualifications which would be required for anyone who would fill the job. If listed as required must be a true job requirement. You may also want to indicate qualifications that would be preferred and/or helpful.
• Strong scientific background (food engineering or food & beverage science). MSc. degree or PhD degree with at least 15 years of experience working in a multinational company
• Knowledge of tea and coffee brewing, instant drinks (powdered beverages), syrup-, concentrates and ready-to-drink manufacturing
• Strong commercialization record
• Strong strategic thought leader to partner with Chief Marketing & Innovation to define the long-term growth streams from product- and process innovation
• Experience leading innovation activity/projects in an international environment for beverages
• System gastronomy experience is a plus
• Familiar with statistical analysis, process capability studies
• Familiar with IP, preferably has experience in industrial design and patents
• Experience managing and leading research and development teams with preferred experience of working on an international/multi-function level
• Excellent presentation skills
• Fluent in English. Mastery of French and/or Dutch is a plus
• Strong team leadership skills
• Clear understanding on consumer insights and its methodologies.
• Project management skills, ideally certified in a certain Project Management Methodology
• Familiar with productivity tools (L6Sigma, 5S, Kaizen philosophy and/or Jidoka)
• Ability to effectively interact, influence and negotiate on tactical and strategic issues with all levels of management in ambiguous less structured matrix environments and adjust to situations that involve conflicting goals
• Must possess managerial courage, political awareness and organizational agility
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong collaborator
• Effective in managing change in the organization
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are aware of a widespread scam that involves impersonating HR colleagues across different organizations. Impacted jobsites are currently working to address this issue and ensure a resolution. Please understand that this is not related to any Godiva sites nor is this a Godiva IT issue. This is a very unfortunate situation and we would like to take this opportunity to assure you that Godiva Chocolatier would never:
• Contact you via a personal email accounts
• Utilize any social media chats or hangouts to conduct interviews
• Send you checks or wire transfers for the purchase of equipment
• Provide you with new hire documentation without having met you or completing an application
If you believe that you have been contacted by someone fraudulently posing as a Godiva HR colleague, please contact us immediately at 800-946-3482 and then choose option 3.