Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Front End Developer will be the responsible for front-end development projects as well as day-to-day operations on for the Godiva North America eCommerce Team. He/She will work closely with the Senior Manager, eCommerce Technology and the business stakeholders to provide a best in class customer experience.
• Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms; test and review CSS changes across browsers and operating systems
• Collaborate with the UI/UX Designer to create functional and fully optimized desktop and mobile templates
• Work with the extended eCommerce team to develop methodologies and practices for the introduction of new site features including innovative, interactive technologies
• Partner with Product Manager in building business requirements, executing front-end changes as needed and testing/QA features and release
• Optimize code for maximum speed and scalability
• Implement AB site testing as developed with the extended eCommerce team including the HTML and CSS coding and testing required
• Maintain ADA compliant standards when solving for customer experience and/or business needs
• Monitor and ensure quality assurance across all platforms, devices and browsers
• Execute tagging and pixels changes required utilizing our tag management solution
• Assist development partner with troubleshooting and resolving site issues
• Execute/troubleshoot any front-end technical or performance issues that may arise
• Have at least 5 years’ experience in page level development using HTML and CSS and delivering innovative and interactive customer experiences
• Working knowledge of best practices for desktop and mobile customer experience
• Have an analytical mind and be a creative problem solver
• Be team-oriented with excellent relationship-building skills to enable working across functions and levels daily
• Be able to translate technical problems and solutions to business stakeholders
• Possess strong time management and organizational skills
• Be transparent in sharing information; be a clear, concise communicator who can easily translate technical problems/solutions to business stakeholders
• Have an exemplary attention to detail and desire to execute accurately
• Be proactive and have the ability to work independently
• Adapt well and be flexible to change; be able to be to prioritize based on changes in objectives
• Possess the ability to learn the company and our tools quickly
• Experience with Demandware preferred but not required
• Familiarity and usage of AB testing solutions a plus
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office products and Adobe Creative Suite
• Possess a BS in Computer Science or related technical field
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are aware of a widespread scam that involves impersonating HR colleagues across different organizations. Impacted jobsites are currently working to address this issue and ensure a resolution. Please understand that this is not related to any Godiva sites nor is this a Godiva IT issue. This is a very unfortunate situation and we would like to take this opportunity to assure you that Godiva Chocolatier would never:
• Contact you via a personal email accounts
• Utilize any social media chats or hangouts to conduct interviews
• Send you checks or wire transfers for the purchase of equipment
• Provide you with new hire documentation without having met you or completing an application
If you believe that you have been contacted by someone fraudulently posing as a Godiva HR colleague, please contact us immediately at 800-946-3482 and then choose option 3.