Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
This role will assist the Director of Global Rewards manage and maintain compensation programs and processes across the various business lines to ensure employee satisfaction. This position will consult with HR Business Partners and outside compensation consultants to keep internal expectations of compensation in line with Godiva’s Total Rewards programs. This position will be responsible for data collection, analysis and reporting.
• Analyze and evaluate new and existing jobs and job descriptions to determine appropriate market rate, FLSA or regional wage status and alignment within internal structure.
• Participate in the implementation of the Hay Group job evaluation system, and maintain corporation-wide job description library, evaluating new jobs using Hay Group’s methodology.
• Partner with Human Resource Managers and Business Partners to identify and resolve compensation issues. Provide guidance and develop creative solutions on a variety of compensation matters including the setting of appropriate pay bands, defining and implementing salary structure ranges and position leveling.
• Review job change requests, job offers and job requisitions for appropriateness of classification level.
• Participate in the planning and administration of the annual compensation process including base salary increases and equity recommendations. This process involved the creation of complex spreadsheets and compilation of data from multiple sources and currencies.
• Maintain incentive plan eligibility and accruals and participate in payout determinations.
• Conduct miscellaneous analyses, including creating complex reports, to support various compensation programs, providing analysis, advice and education to managers on compensation issues, and interpreting compensation policies.
• Participate in various industry-related compensation surveys and utilize data to ensure competitive pay practices
• Monitor trends and best practices and make recommendations that align with Godiva’s compensation philosophy.
• Stay current with local and national legislative and regulatory changes; analyze and evaluate impact to company and recommend action.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience; Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification desirable.
• A minimum of two years administering compensation programs and utilizing core compensation methodologies, tools and best practices.
• Demonstrated understanding of the various components of total compensation, including the role of long term and equity plans.
• Strong analytical, mathematical and statistical skills required. Extremely detailed and accurate, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
• Working knowledge of the Hay evaluation system. Hands on Hay implementation experience a plus.
• Strong proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel (complex formulas, pivot tables, v-lookups, charts and other advanced functions). Strong working knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Access), and HRIS experience a plus.
• Ability to create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data.
• Thorough understanding of State and Federal wage and hour laws including FLSA.
• Some experience with multi country compensation elements, including but not limited to international assignment compensation administration, blue collar and white collar classifications, 13-month salaries and statutory wage increases.
• Able to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced, challenging and dynamic environment.
• Passionate about compensation with a “can do” attitude and a desire to own the job; self-sufficient and resourceful with a pro-active, high energy approach to delivering results.
• Strong consultation and negotiation skills with the ability to seek out information and provide quality advice.
• Able to identify potential issues, take the initiative to resolve problems and think through future implications.
• Strong communication skills; able to easily and clearly convey data analysis into an understandable format.
• Ability to research and handle extremely confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and conflicting priorities.
• Normal office working environment in New York, NY.
• Travel between NY and Spring Ridge, PA office – approx. 10% yearly.
• Ability to lift up to 20lbs in an office environment
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are aware of a widespread scam that involves impersonating HR colleagues across different organizations. Impacted jobsites are currently working to address this issue and ensure a resolution. Please understand that this is not related to any Godiva sites nor is this a Godiva IT issue. This is a very unfortunate situation and we would like to take this opportunity to assure you that Godiva Chocolatier would never:
• Contact you via a personal email accounts
• Utilize any social media chats or hangouts to conduct interviews
• Send you checks or wire transfers for the purchase of equipment
• Provide you with new hire documentation without having met you or completing an application
If you believe that you have been contacted by someone fraudulently posing as a Godiva HR colleague, please contact us immediately at 800-946-3482 and then choose option 3.