Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
HR Jr. Generalist
The selected candidate will provide support and guidance across all aspects of the HR function supporting the Spring Ridge office location. The individual in this role will support our salaried employee population in areas such as employee relations, staffing, coaching, guidance and other HR initiatives. This position will also be responsible for working with various business leaders to drive initiatives and to create an environment that fosters committed and engaged employees in support of a high-performance culture through communication, performance management, and other key people initiatives.
• Support and act as the HR business partner to an assigned employee group by aiding hiring managers during the assessment and selection of talent (recruiting and onboarding)
• Assist with HR projects around employee relations, communications, training and staffing.
• Partner with HR leaders in providing support to various functional leaders, in both analytical or strategic HR matters.
• Generate and analyze regular and ad-hoc reports
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
• Minimum 2-years of experience in Human Resources
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on a permanent basis
Preferred Qualifications :
• Bachelor's degree in Business or Human Resources from an accredited institution
• Previous experience working in a Human Resources capacity in a corporate environment
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Intermediate Excel skills - ability to pull and analyze data
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Organized and efficient
• Self-directed and able to investigate and implement solutions with limited guidance or direction
• High degree of comfort navigating ambiguous situations and ability to quickly shift focus as priorities change
• Demonstrates professionalism and a service oriented personality with all levels of employees and senior leaders
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, lean work environment
• Ability to communicate in both written and oral forms with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to learn, stay updated and understand and apply appropriate HR and Labor Laws to individual situations
• Ability to work collaboratively with Business Partners to identify and resolve issues.
• Ability to create and sustain relationships throughout the organization enabling productive partnerships in order to set goals and achieve results
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are aware of a widespread scam that involves impersonating HR colleagues across different organizations. Impacted jobsites are currently working to address this issue and ensure a resolution. Please understand that this is not related to any Godiva sites nor is this a Godiva IT issue. This is a very unfortunate situation and we would like to take this opportunity to assure you that Godiva Chocolatier would never:
• Contact you via a personal email accounts
• Utilize any social media chats or hangouts to conduct interviews
• Send you checks or wire transfers for the purchase of equipment
• Provide you with new hire documentation without having met you or completing an application
If you believe that you have been contacted by someone fraudulently posing as a Godiva HR colleague, please contact us immediately at 800-946-3482 and then choose option 3.