Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Associate Category Manager will have key responsibilities for North America’s self-treat product pipeline based on consumer insights, channel insights, historic lessons learned, global platform pipeline and overall company and business unit strategic vision. Based on the insights, this position will align the Global self-treat strategy with local commercialization. This position is responsible for working with global to fill NA business needs for the category. The Associate Category Manager will also lead his/her assigned strategic category initiatives and/or special innovation projects with key business partners.
• Work closely with the Chocolate Category Lead to develop a strong 2 year product plan that aligns the North American multi-channel strategy and the global innovation roadmap
• Partner with Global Innovation & Category teams and align on the BU product plan
• Align with Global Marketing teams to define the messaging and positioning for the product and innovations
• Oversee development and commercialization for local innovation & adaptation of global initiatives
• Responsible for the product life cycle
• Lead cross-functional team to deliver short and long-term pipeline innovations, product adaptations and special projects
• Work closely with cross-functional team to oversee products, ingredient and packaging created internally or by co-manufacturers
• Articulating the value proposition and development of sales tools that support the sales process for all channels
• Conduct product evaluations including post-season analysis, category reviews, platform analyses, project status updates, and category portfolio maintenance
• Showcase leadership and team player performance by exhibiting a positive, “can-do”, collaborative and entrepreneurial working style
• 2+ years of marketing experience in a competitive organization i.e. consumer packaged goods, cosmetics, retail, etc. (Luxury/Premium or CPG background preferred)
• MBA preferred, or BA in Marketing/Innovation or related fields with solid experience
• Detailed understanding and experience of product development process
• Proven project management skills of multiple small & large scale projects
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to overcome issues, propose solutions and make decisions
• Strong interpersonal & leadership skill: must have a collaborative style and an ability to persuade, motivate in all directions within the organization – to sell up, to motivate and cross sell to business partners is essential to success
• Highly developed communication and presentation skills
• Natural passion and curiosity for marketing-innovation and new trends in the industry
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Balance between analytical and creative thinking
• Behavioural: eye for detail, results driven, flexible, passionate about the brand, pragmatic, team player, eager to learn and open-minded
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are aware of a widespread scam that involves impersonating HR colleagues across different organizations. Impacted jobsites are currently working to address this issue and ensure a resolution. Please understand that this is not related to any Godiva sites nor is this a Godiva IT issue. This is a very unfortunate situation and we would like to take this opportunity to assure you that Godiva Chocolatier would never:
• Contact you via a personal email accounts
• Utilize any social media chats or hangouts to conduct interviews
• Send you checks or wire transfers for the purchase of equipment
• Provide you with new hire documentation without having met you or completing an application
If you believe that you have been contacted by someone fraudulently posing as a Godiva HR colleague, please contact us immediately at 800-946-3482 and then choose option 3.