Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Manager, Human Resources is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues through proactive and personalized guidance to managers on ways to improve relationships, skills, and outcomes. Working in collaboration with the HR specialist functions (recruiting, compensation, benefits, learning & development), the Senior Manager will ensure that client groups are operating in a manner consistent with the company’s mission as well as all regulatory, compliance, local, state and federal laws and requirements.
In this role the Manager acts as an employee champion and change agent by communicating needs proactively with business leaders, HR, and leadership and providing integrated solutions. The position leverages partnerships not only across the HR function but all functions to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The Manager maintains an effective level of business literacy about the company’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
• Drive the people processes (performance, development, and career) to ensure that employees’ level of performance and capabilities meet current and future standards.
• Manage and participate on specific projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan as well as participating in functional and cross-functional initiatives.
• Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations
• Champion diversity and inclusion efforts and continually drive to ensure client workforce is representative of our organizational need for diversity.
• Implement appropriate learning interventions while accounting for learning principles and theories and manage ongoing delivery.
• Understand and support HR policies and reward strategy to ensure that all reward decisions are fair and objective.
• Provide expert advice and coaching to managers and employees where appropriate.
• Drive a talent lifecycle approach to proactively diagnose talent needs and build aggressive plans to identify, engage, assess and onboard the right talent for the need.
• Partner with the talent acquisition team to ensure that all recruitment activities are well planned, documented, approved and result in fast, compliant and high-quality hires.
• Ensure all recruiting, on-boarding, promotion and exit activities with are well planned to deliver seamless, well support transitions resulting in continuous improvement in client organization capability.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business administration or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
• 6+ years of human resources management experience
• Successful HR generalist and/or specialist experience in a commercial environment (in high-performing multinational).
• Must be well versed in employment laws and applications (e.g., FMLA, FLSA, voluntary retirement plans, etc.).
• Excellent collaboration skills—needs to work with HRBP peer group
• Superb interpersonal skills, personal leadership skills, influencing, consulting and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities.
• Proven leadership and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Exceptional computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office applications like Excel). ADP Enterprise experience a plus. Proficient in Outlook and standard Office applications.
• Strong business and financial acumen.
• Strong project management skills using project-selection decision modelling.
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and make sound decisions quickly.
• Ability to toggle between analytical details and big-picture strategic thinking
• Able to travel to domestic or international locations as needed
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are aware of a widespread scam that involves impersonating HR colleagues across different organizations. Impacted jobsites are currently working to address this issue and ensure a resolution. Please understand that this is not related to any Godiva sites nor is this a Godiva IT issue. This is a very unfortunate situation and we would like to take this opportunity to assure you that Godiva Chocolatier would never:
• Contact you via a personal email accounts
• Utilize any social media chats or hangouts to conduct interviews
• Send you checks or wire transfers for the purchase of equipment
• Provide you with new hire documentation without having met you or completing an application
If you believe that you have been contacted by someone fraudulently posing as a Godiva HR colleague, please contact us immediately at 800-946-3482 and then choose option 3.