Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
Position serves as Godiva North American Supply Chain and Procurement leader responsible for direct and indirect material spend and new product commercialization. The position is responsible for implementing and executing supply chain and procurement strategies to support Godiva business objectives and will be the lead to support the implementation of the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process. Responsible for working closely with global supply chain counterparts, cross functional business and sister-companies (pladis) to drive cost reduction realization, Total Delivered Cost (TDC), incoming quality improvements, and improve continuity of supply.
1. Providing strategic direction: Lead cross-functional teams consisting of Commodity Management, Quality, NPD, Creative /Marketing for packaging and ingredients and co-manufactured products. Develop commodity business strategies for each area which are aligned and support the business unit strategies and deliver Total Delivered Cost (TDC). Interface with Supply Chain and NPD to ensure development schedule compliance and new product readiness.
2. Drive new product commercialization from concept through implementation across the supply chain for a successful start- up. Drive on time delivery of key procurement and supply chain deliverables that will ensure smooth NA new product introductions and transitions.
3. Defines associated risks and critical milestones for new product launches. Prepares the timely and accurate preparation of the Preliminary Bill of Materials. Initiates supplier blueprints, models, samples and all required testing procedures. In concert with Product Development, ensures necessary engineering and technical approval of selected component, including material compatibility and characteristics.
4. Deliver functional excellence: Coordinate with procurement and supply chain peers to identify company-wide opportunities and ensure implementation where practical.
5. Develop strong cross functional relationships and advance recommendations and establishing business relationships which will drive our business from both a brand and performance standpoint. Collaborate with business marketing team on new commercial opportunities
6. Development of Supply Chain & Procurement teams: Support Godiva values by building/recruiting a highly skilled functional team.
7. Deep understanding of sales and operations planning business process (S&OP) and lead the Supply Planning input to the monthly process.
8. Manage all spend on indirect, packaging and ingredients. Sourcing is global with suppliers ranging from small local to major multinationals and located from USA, W Europe to China.
9. Responsible for sourcing and selection of suppliers, negotiating contract terms, SLA’s and prices for co-manufacturing & co-packing spend and all other spend areas covered by the procurement team.
10. Manage suppliers’ relationships: SLA, quality issues, risks, complaints
11. Drive spend under influence for Indirects and Drive transactional efficiency of the P2P process while retaining key controls and ensuring compliance to audit requirements
12. Collaborate with Legal to continuously improve the contract process and the use of templates
13. All activities must be managed within a very dynamic and seasonally driven business environment requiring the flexibility to meet a rapidly changing product/packaging demands. Role requires the ability to work cross-functionally with channels and Creative and Marketing to optimize time to market, and cost while reducing complexity. Additionally, there is a core business that needs to be continually managed to drive enabler savings.
14. Role requires the ability to work successfully in an international / multi-cultural environment, to identify and sell the optimum supply base design to meet potentially conflicting business requirements (e.g. material price vs supplier innovation capability vs supply reliability risk, or local price advantage vs overall Global benefit). The manager must guide the recommendations from his team and lead the process to achieve cross functional and cross-country alignment in a complex matrix structure
15. Lack of integrated IT systems (ERP, Specs database, etc) creates significant challenges for purchasing work processes. Short term improvements typically require additional manual intervention, (double keying, manual data collection etc) and are resource intensive. Persistence and strong argumentation is typically required to get cross-functional buy-in.
16. Sister-company/pladis interface – will be a key liaison supporting the overall supply chain relationship and needs.
17. Procurement Systems – Regional lead and implementation partner for Bravo solution - Strategic Sourcing Process, Roslyn Analytics – Spend Analysis
18. Regional Procurement Lead for new ERP Implementation
• Requires excellent contract negotiation skills and knowledge Project management skills; ability to actively participate in and lead cross functional project teams (internal), and to manage cross supplier teams (external) for projects requiring multiple outside suppliers. Collaborative skills are essential.
• Collect data, develop recommendations and facilitate decision-making for superiors identify, prioritize and escalate issues in a pro-active manner.
• Ability to seek out and leverage internal and external (supply base network, consultants, equipment manufacturers) resources to understand and resolve issues.
• Requires deep understanding of Procurement management and strategy development in the context of global business. Be cognizant of the fact that decisions and actions may impact other geographies across the company as well as the success of Global Procurement.
• Working knowledge of the chocolate or confections & packaging business, including vendor knowledge and contacts (chocolate knowledge is not a requirement).
• Understanding of commodities and ability to make or assist in contract decisions for commodity futures based on current market and historical perspective.
• Requires knowledge/learning of basic labeling and regulatory requirements for US, Canadian, European and Japanese/PacRim marketplace.
• BA or BS degree
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in a supply chain
• Minimum 7 years of experience in a procurement function
• Minimum of 7 years of experience managing people
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Innate ability to translate technical metrics / terms into business related syntax
• Strategic thinking – ability to establish the vision and future direction to enable to company to maintain a leadership role in the professions and industry
• Excellent communication skills, able to respond and interact with both internal and external stakeholders at every level
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Assertive and able to effectively manage crisis / high stress situations calmly and professionally
• Credible team player with good influence skills, particularly with regard to qualitative, abstract concepts
• High drive for results with an operational and execution mind-set.
• Master’s Degree or MBA
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in a supply chain
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a procurement function
• Minimum of 10 years of experience managing people
• Clear written communications skills; ability to put into writing information that has only one interpretation. Includes communications with international suppliers and markets (where English is the second language) where clarity and confirmation of understanding is essential.
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are aware of a widespread scam that involves impersonating HR colleagues across different organizations. Impacted jobsites are currently working to address this issue and ensure a resolution. Please understand that this is not related to any Godiva sites nor is this a Godiva IT issue. This is a very unfortunate situation and we would like to take this opportunity to assure you that Godiva Chocolatier would never:
• Contact you via a personal email accounts
• Utilize any social media chats or hangouts to conduct interviews
• Send you checks or wire transfers for the purchase of equipment
• Provide you with new hire documentation without having met you or completing an application
If you believe that you have been contacted by someone fraudulently posing as a Godiva HR colleague, please contact us immediately at 800-946-3482 and then choose option 3.