Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
Define the supply planning strategies/capabilities that will be employed to meet needs of the Reading Plant and NA business. Drives regional production planning and flow of inventory to meet or exceed agreed upon cash flow targets and customer service levels while utilizing differentiated supply planning strategies to match supply to demand; materials management; procurement of raw materials (strategic and tactical); material movement (incoming receiving) and purchasing for the plant. Accountable for all materials management and supply chain reporting for the Reading plant. Advise Plant Manager of critical strategic issues in alignment with Regional/Corp guidance. Participate in NA S&OP process, driving Supply Planning input in coordination with the Director of Supply Chain. This individual should have strong leadership capabilities to manage the planning and Reading Plant warehouse groups as well as experience in supply chain and inventory control. Materials Manager will also drive continuous improvements in service and inventory excellence.
They are characterized by excellent organizational and record-keeping skills. Attention to detail and problem-solving aptitude are qualities the ideal candidate must possess. The main goal of this role is to ensure our operations have always an adequate flow of the material they need.
1. Participate in development of plant strategic plans and align departmental goals, including the development of supply chain strategies
2. Lead materials management activities for the plant – planning/scheduling, inventory management, procurement, logistics
3. Develop, monitor and enforce inventory polices (safety stocks, dual storages, alternate inventory) to mitigate supply risks.
4. Monitor safety stock and sourcing rules compliance. Plans to be adequate to minimize the impact of demand forecast variability as well as to minimize the risk of inventory write-off
5. Implement methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain to achieve cost-effective logistics practices and inventory levels while meeting customer delivery requirements
6. As part of the monthly S&OP Alignment and Reconciliation sub process, insures that significant demand/supply gaps of product families have appropriate alternatives.
7. Build organizational capability though development plans, mentoring, driving accountability, cross-training & succession planning
8. Collaborate with other production/management leaders and recommend alternative course of action as part of process to reconcile differences between production capacity and demand.
9. Support compliance initiatives and corporate commodity, logistics, and inventory strategies to achieve synergy across the operation
10. Establish and maintain Supply Chain procedures for the department
• Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control and shipping and receiving.
• Proven Leadership skills - capability to lead change in a team environment across multiple sites.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to management.
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen
• Understanding of forecasting and budgeting
• Proficient in MS Office
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Working knowledge of MS office, strong excel capabilities, ERP (PRMS -AS400)
• Proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools.
• Experience in shipping/receiving/warehouse
• Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
• Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
• BS/BA in Supply Chain or relevant field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in supply chain
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing/production environment
• Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate & effective communication techniques.
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
• Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
• Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
• 7 years of experience in supply chain
• 3 years supervisory experience
• 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
• Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are aware of a widespread scam that involves impersonating HR colleagues across different organizations. Impacted jobsites are currently working to address this issue and ensure a resolution. Please understand that this is not related to any Godiva sites nor is this a Godiva IT issue. This is a very unfortunate situation and we would like to take this opportunity to assure you that Godiva Chocolatier would never:
• Contact you via a personal email accounts
• Utilize any social media chats or hangouts to conduct interviews
• Send you checks or wire transfers for the purchase of equipment
• Provide you with new hire documentation without having met you or completing an application
If you believe that you have been contacted by someone fraudulently posing as a Godiva HR colleague, please contact us immediately at 800-946-3482 and then choose option 3.