Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
This role will assist the Controller’s Group with meeting all their financial reporting (internal & external) and audit requirements. This position will also assist the Worldwide Finance Team and the Hyperion System Administrator.
• Assist Controller’s Group with various limited reviews and audits including but not limited to a mid-year limited review and fiscal year-end audit and ongoing support for the Controller’s Group internal audit operations throughout the year. The Controller’s Group manages Godiva’s worldwide external audit process and works closely with designated external audit partners that execute the audit program. This role works directly with audit partners as they audit the worldwide elimination/consolidation process, and the United States (US) Human Resources (HR) team to complete the annual audit of the US 401(k) plan and the various Godiva International teams to complete their Stat audits.
• Assist Senior Manager – Financial reporting, Global as the Finance department business owners for Hyperion system and coordinate with Finance, Information Technology (IT) partners and external Hyperion Consultants to ensure the system is being effectively managed and maintained.
• Works very closely with Godiva’s international teams (e.g. Belgium, Japan, Hong Kong, China) on very detailed, technical work, and must overcome the language barriers, time zone differences, limited IFRS knowledge, limited Hyperion knowledge, etc…which may otherwise be barriers to goal attainment.
• As a member of the Hyperion Administration team, the role has ultimate responsibility for the business configuration of the Hyperion System which is utilized by the Godiva Worldwide Finance Team to meet the reporting need of Worldwide Senior Management. Manage application requirements with internal customers and Hyperion resources to ensure the system continues to adapt to and support the needs of the business.
• Assist various members of the Controller’s Group (e.g. Worldwide Controller, North American (NA) Controller, and Director Global Tax).
• Manage the monthly global accounting, reporting and Hyperion duties (ie. consolidation JE’s, cash flow reporting, footnote consolidations, etc…).
• Coordinate with international regions to ensure annual operating plans and projections are loading into the Hyperion system in a timely and accurate manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum education: Bachelor Degree in Accounting
• 4 years of relevant experience.
• International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) knowledge a plus.
• Knowledge of Oracle EPM applications a plus (HFM, EPBCS)
• Excellent computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office applications-Excel & Word), including HFM; PRMS; Essbase; EPBCS
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent analytical/problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong, collaborative interpersonal skills with substantial experience working on team projects.
• Must demonstrate Godiva Our Way behaviours.
• CPA Preferred
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are aware of a widespread scam that involves impersonating HR colleagues across different organizations. Impacted jobsites are currently working to address this issue and ensure a resolution. Please understand that this is not related to any Godiva sites nor is this a Godiva IT issue. This is a very unfortunate situation and we would like to take this opportunity to assure you that Godiva Chocolatier would never:
• Contact you via a personal email accounts
• Utilize any social media chats or hangouts to conduct interviews
• Send you checks or wire transfers for the purchase of equipment
• Provide you with new hire documentation without having met you or completing an application
If you believe that you have been contacted by someone fraudulently posing as a Godiva HR colleague, please contact us immediately at 800-946-3482 and then choose option 3.