Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Regional Manager, Cafe and Retail should uphold and demonstrate a clear understanding of the Godiva Café & Retail Channel’s overall vision, mission, strategy and goals. , The Regional Cafe/Retail Sales Manager’s primary role is to interpret this vision through developing and creating a specific sales strategy for their Region. In addition they are responsible for collaborating with Corporate partners, providing on-going feedback on retail needs and communicating strategy to the District Managers while ensuring that the sales strategy and company directives are adhered to and implemented in a consistent and brand appropriate manner. The Regional Manager provides advanced level of leadership, ensures that all Boutiques are providing the “ultimate chocolate experience” to the delight of all customers that, in turn, will drive sales and increase profitability.
This role will be a key member of a team that will develop and implement the “café concept” for Godiva North America.
1. Fiscal Responsibility
• Manages the business with a clear understanding of financial budgets and sales and profit goals.
• Conveys the sense of urgency to deliver top and bottom line results through a combination of sales leadership and sound cost control practices.
• Can articulate out of plan expense opportunities and understands the need for appropriate return on investment.
2. Customer Focus
• Drives performance through a customer centric approach to the business.
• Can identify areas of opportunity while diagnosing the business and develop expectations for significant improvement.
• A hands on leader who sets the example for others to follow with their own customer interactions.
3. People Development
• Clearly understands the advance of the business is directly related to the quality of the team and the training they receive.
• Is passionate about developing others to achieve their personal and professional best.
• Identifies future leaders and creates a career path.
• Challenges the team to fit outside of their primary comfort zone.
4. Business Acumen/Drive for Results
• Strong understanding of how to read and diagnose the business using data intelligence.
• Makes recommendations based upon key learning points.
• Drives strategy for the region based upon critical business priorities.
• Being able to manage the business through KPI’s (from a far) and empowering DMs and BMs to do the same.
• Must be able to use business intelligence to change behaviors at the boutique level and drive business results.
• Demonstrated ability to generate sales & profitability within a café / food & beverage establishments.
5. Inspired Leadership
• Will create focus and direction in the development and implementation of Godiva’s “Café Concept”- bringing it to life within North America.
• Creates a culture of winning through a relentless passion for exceptional performance.
• Role model for behaviors.
• Source of inspiration to DMS and boutique teams.
• Must be able to demonstrate leadership remotely at the corporate, district and head office levels of the organization.
6. Boutique/Cafe Visits
- Conducts regularly scheduled and unscheduled visits to all boutiques/cafes within Region to ensure:
• Appropriate brand animation & representation
• Customer service standards exceeded
• Merchandising and visual sets to company standards
• Loss prevention protocols followed
• Sales coaching
• Business acumen (statistics, reports being used to drive business)
- College degree (related field) preferred
- 3-5 years; previous multi store experience in a food and beverage, as well as, traditional retail environment. Previous experience in a food and beverage/ café environment is required. Strong working knowledge of general food and beverage regulations, practices and procedures.
- Will play an important role in shaping and implementing new “café” concept for Godiva NA, by sharing knowledge and expertise and participating on various project teams and task forces.
- Outstanding customer service orientation
- Demonstrated experience in ‘bringing a brand to life”
- Results-oriented focus and demonstrated ability to drive sales and increase profitability
- Excellent leadership skills – ability to motivate, coach and direct employees towards success
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills. Must be able to analyze data and make recommendations and decisions based upon data, trends and outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel within District – 80%
- Based in the NY metropolitan area and will office out of Godiva NA Headquarters when not traveling in the field.
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are aware of a widespread scam that involves impersonating HR colleagues across different organizations. Impacted jobsites are currently working to address this issue and ensure a resolution. Please understand that this is not related to any Godiva sites nor is this a Godiva IT issue. This is a very unfortunate situation and we would like to take this opportunity to assure you that Godiva Chocolatier would never:
• Contact you via a personal email accounts
• Utilize any social media chats or hangouts to conduct interviews
• Send you checks or wire transfers for the purchase of equipment
• Provide you with new hire documentation without having met you or completing an application
If you believe that you have been contacted by someone fraudulently posing as a Godiva HR colleague, please contact us immediately at 800-946-3482 and then choose option 3.