Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Chocolate Category Lead is responsible for driving immediate and long-term growth for the North America Chocolate category focused on formal gifting, casual gifting and packaged self-treat.
The Category Lead partners with global innovation. This position is responsible for working with global to fill NA business needs for the category. This position must understand the overall company and NA business strategy and what role their category plays in achieving this vision. This position must also work across with their category peers and other marketing reports (Customer, VM, Activation, Product Planning) to ensure the total strategy is linked not only by category but also meets channel product needs. Additionally, the Category Lead understands local gifting and self-treat needs, including how it influences other channels, specifically:
• Wholesale: customer exclusives;
• E-Commerce: driving business in direct channels and;
• Retail: how the retail gifting model interacts with casual gifting and competitive formats within Industry
• OTHER: new distribution models.
Finally, the Category Lead takes initiative to manage the overall chocolate category with regard to portfolio management and supports productivity initiatives
• The Category lead is responsible for North America Chocolate Category ; working with the NA Director of Innovation on ensuring this ladders to the overall NA strategic 3 year plan
• Drive portfolio strategy and management according to the 4 key pillars
• Support Director of Innovation in building Annual Operating Plan and maintaining a trend-driven launch calendar;
• Lead the development and adaptations of line plan assortments based on channel needs as well as local trends;
• Under and manage the complex commercialization process of the category
• Manage Category Manager and Category Associates to deliver against the growth initiatives;
• Oversee development and commercialization for local innovation & adaptation of global initiatives
• Coach and lead cross-functional team to deliver short and long-term pipeline innovations, product adaptations and special projects
• Evaluate and maintain pricing ladder
• Oversee product evaluations including post-season analysis, category reviews, platform analyses, project status updates, and category portfolio maintenance
• Local pipeline development as needed for customer exclusives/local opportunities
• Work with NA Brand Activation and Communication to develop a strategic Marketing communications plan and execution
• Responsible for delivering product on-time to key partners in order to ensure successful activation
• Showcase leadership and team player performance by exhibiting a positive, “can-do”, collaborative and entrepreneurial working style
• Education required: MBA preferred, Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, or another related field with applicable work experience.
• 7 years of marketing experience in competitive marketing organization (i.e. consumer packaged goods, cosmetics, retail, etc.)
• Must have a collaborative style and an ability to persuade, motivate in all directions within the organization – to sell up, to motivate and to cross sell to peers is essential to success.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Natural passion and curiosity for marketing and new trends in the industry
• Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with key partners across the global organization
• Leadership experience including; coaching, training, and mentoring
• Managing Direct Reports and ensuring alignment and support
• Balance between analytical and creative thinking
• Strategic thinker
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Ability to thrive in multi-tasking environment
• Solution-oriented, creative problem solver is a must
• Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) skills
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are aware of a widespread scam that involves impersonating HR colleagues across different organizations. Impacted jobsites are currently working to address this issue and ensure a resolution. Please understand that this is not related to any Godiva sites nor is this a Godiva IT issue. This is a very unfortunate situation and we would like to take this opportunity to assure you that Godiva Chocolatier would never:
• Contact you via a personal email accounts
• Utilize any social media chats or hangouts to conduct interviews
• Send you checks or wire transfers for the purchase of equipment
• Provide you with new hire documentation without having met you or completing an application
If you believe that you have been contacted by someone fraudulently posing as a Godiva HR colleague, please contact us immediately at 800-946-3482 and then choose option 3.