Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Platform Manager Beverages will provide support in handling and managing the category management tasks related to the Beverages Category platform as well as managing specific projects independently.
He/she will support the Category Head in developing strategy for category growth with a consumer validated 3-5 year innovation/renovation pipeline, global product standardisation and implementation of margin improvement initiatives for the category.
He/she must work effectively cross functionally to ensure category portfolio strategy and plans are implemented with specific focus on gaining commitment from BU Marketing Heads globally for all initiatives.
• Provide support to projects related to delivering the strategy and plan for the platform
• Standardisation of Beverages Category portfolio to create Global Portfolio including de-commissioning of category products to maintain balance
• Provide support for all development concepts, projects, briefs required for the management of the portfolio
• Provide support to pull together plans, presentations, overviews needed to efficiently drive category management activity throughout the business
• Manage specific projects independently as agreed with the Category Head
• Ensure business cases support Category P&L targets as set by Category Head in consultation with BU and Finance
• Track and review launches to learn what works and what does not and share best practice with BU Marketing
• Compile and analyse information on trends, competition, sales, marketing surveys, external suppliers to help generate innovation addressing new opportunities and consumer insights. Understand global market landscape.
• Provide product training standards where relevant to be incorporated into Global training curriculum
• Understand and adhere to the NPD stage gate process
• Degree level. Marketing focus is a plus.
• 5 years of marketing experience in a competitive international marketing organization. Product/portfolio Management experience in Beverages desired, preferably in Food Retail
• Experience at dealing with different geographies and working across cultures a must
• Understanding of beverages industry
• Able to effectively communicate in English, other languages a plus (particularly French or Dutch)
• English spoken/written.
• Results Driven
• Strong organizational/planning skills, strong project management skills.
• Process minded
• Analytical skills
• Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Team player and ability to collaborate and partner cross-functionally
• Excellent communication skills. Good influencer.
• Eager to learn and open minded
• Passion for the brand
• Creative thinker
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are aware of a widespread scam that involves impersonating HR colleagues across different organizations. Impacted jobsites are currently working to address this issue and ensure a resolution. Please understand that this is not related to any Godiva sites nor is this a Godiva IT issue. This is a very unfortunate situation and we would like to take this opportunity to assure you that Godiva Chocolatier would never:
• Contact you via a personal email accounts
• Utilize any social media chats or hangouts to conduct interviews
• Send you checks or wire transfers for the purchase of equipment
• Provide you with new hire documentation without having met you or completing an application
If you believe that you have been contacted by someone fraudulently posing as a Godiva HR colleague, please contact us immediately at 800-946-3482 and then choose option 3.