Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
Reporting to the Head of Retail and Café for North America, this position is responsible for providing strategic leadership and tactical support to the North American Retail Field organization covering the areas of Real Estate, Construction and on-going facility maintenance and support.
Real Estate & Lease Administration
• Manages all phases including but not limited to: initial site survey, site selection and contract/lease implementation, manage all phases of the Real Estate process for the Retail Channel.
• Review, analyze and present recommendations to the Managing Director, NA for potential store sites, easements, leases, outsourced real-estate representatives and other matters affecting proposed and existing locations.
• Manage proactive relationships with Real Estate agents, developers, brokers, architects, consultants, as well as, internal partners to effectively and efficiently manage Godiva’s Real Estate program.
• Management and oversight over existing boutique base, including management and negotiation of lease renewals and evaluations of relocations, expansions and repositioning opportunities that support Godiva national growth plan and operating strategy. Conduct market research and analysis for development and deployment of new boutique concepts.
• Partner with, Real Estate & Construction Manager, provide day to day guidance and direction to the Lease Administrator position.
• Review and evaluate boutique pro-formas, P&L statements and other relevant data in order to understand the terms needed to best meet the long term profit and revenue goals of the organization.
• Maintain weekly real estate reports on the status of negotiations for new boutiques, renewals and closings.
• Partner with Lease Administrator to maintains all legal documents, i.e. estoples, certifications of insurances, and REM tool. Creates estoples.
• Evaluate overall program effectiveness and course correction as necessary.
• Provide strategic project direction and management, planning and financial oversight to all Retail construction projects.
• In collaboration with the Manager – Construction, creates and manages budgets consistent with timeline requirements for all boutique development or renovation projects. Creates work specifications consistent with operational needs and budget allowances. Prepare bid summaries for new boutiques and remodels for review by upper management.
• Through the Manager - Retail Real Estate & Construction, reviews and approves all invoices and related expenses to ensure all projects are within pre-established budgets and advise upper management of potential project overruns.
• Inspects on-site work periodically to insure quality of work and accuracy of reports, resolve disputes on a timely basis (field conditions, change orders, drawing conflicts, code issues, etc…) or problems and insure consistency in details and construction standards between all projects.
• Build solid relationships with all internal and external partners (vendors, General Contractors, etc…)
• Review project processes on an on-going basis to continually improve efficiencies and streamline processes. Evaluate overall program effectiveness.
• With the Manager – Real Estate & Construction, qualify & pre-approve outsourced General Contractors & Project Managers for Godiva.
• Conducts a score card with internal partners to better streamline efficiencies and best practices.
• In conjunction with the Facilities Maintenance Manager, ensure that there is an efficient and effective process is in place to provide sufficient maintenance/upkeep to all Retail field locations.
• Ensure the accurate development of the retail facility maintenance budget and ongoing implementation.
• Through continuous improvements measures, provide ongoing feedback to the effectiveness of the program resulting in the upkeep of all retail facilities in a high quality, cost efficient, manner.
• BA/BS degree in related field.
• At least 10 years relevant experience (Retail Real Estate/leasing, Construction, Facility Maintenance )
• A minimum of 3 years prior experience in leading a Retail Real estate / Construction Department.
• Demonstrated track record of all aspects of commercial real estate from site sourcing, negotiations, closing the deal, contract management, etc…
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Demonstrated business acumen including budgeting and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects & deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships/partnerships with internal and external partners
• Ability to travel as necessary (approx. 50-75%)
• Computer proficient (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Intranet skills, Auto Cadd, Interpret plans)
• Demonstrated ability to coach and manage a team to success.
• Interpret and anticipate code compliance for all projects.
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.