Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Sanitation and Plant Services Supervisor is responsible for leading all facility and equipment clean-up operations in a manner, which yields facilities and equipment ready to meet sanitary standards and production needs. This supervisor will also coordinate clean-up operations in and around the facility to produce a food safe and workplace safe atmosphere.
• Responsible for ~30 indirect employees in the sanitation group that work on 3 shifts
• Responsible for a budget of ~$2.7m.
• Indirectly responsible for to manage 3 shift janitorial services employees
• Shift 12:30pm to 10:30pm
• Oversee cleaning of facilities and equipment to assure readiness for production schedule requirements.
• Effectively manage and utilize labor to complete daily, weekly and Master Sanitation Schedule
• Train employees in proper sanitation procedure and use of chemicals and equipment.
• Oversee facility housekeeping to assure food and occupational safety.
• Maintain Sanitation equipment.
• Participate in the control of plant microorganisms through appropriate Sanitation measures.
• Maintain a level of plant and departmental safety to meet company goals.
• Assist Processing Manager and QA Manager during scheduled and regulatory inspections and or annual audits
• Assure compliance with GMP’s and company policies.
• Effectively coordinate all Outside Service Contractors such as landscaping; snow removal; Janitorial; Pest Control; Water Treatment; Waste management; recycling program and laundry Service.
• Perform and oversee food safety tasks as required for foreign material control, sanitation, critical control point operation, GMP’s and storage practices.
• Perform and oversee tasks as designated for implementation and maintenance of HACCP and the Food Safety programs.
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly reports which may include Chemical analysis,
• Microbiological analysis, Pest Control logs and self- inspections.
• Flexibility to work across different shifts depending on business needs
• Ability to determine root causes to performance issues and design improvements
• General knowledge of cleaners and sanitizers used in a food processing environment.
• General knowledge of control of microorganisms through Sanitation processes, including listeria, coliforms, and salmonella.
• Ability to manage large budget.
• Solid ability to organize and prioritize.
• Micro- soft Office and ability to use Outlook Email system.
• Change Agent with influence skills
• Facilitate and support Continuous Improvement
• Excellent organization and ability to prioritize.
• Ability to understand, comprehend, support, and execute the implementation of various manufacturing techniques, including Lean Manufacturing, in order to optimize total supply chain cost.
• Facilitate training and establish strong effective collaborative partnerships with leaders, team members and support functions
• Minimum 2 year degree (associates) or 5 years work experience in sanitation
• Minimum of 2 year of experience in a lead and/or supervisory position
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with plant sanitation, AIB (American Institute of Baking), pest control and Microbiological and chemical analysis.
• Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in a lead and/or supervisory position in processing or packaging
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Innate ability to translate technical metrics / terms into business related syntax
• Strategic thinking – ability to establish the vision and future direction to enable to company to maintain a leadership role in the professions and industry
• Excellent communication skills, able to respond and interact with both internal and external stakeholders at every level
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Assertive and able to effectively manage crisis / high stress situations calmly and professionally
• Credible team player with good influence skills, particularly with regard to qualitative, abstract concepts
• Excellent people and supervisory skills
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral). Ability to put into writing, information that has only one interpretation. Ability to both formally and informally present to peers and management. Ability to develop logical arguments and articulate them appropriately and professionally in all situations.
• Excellent analytical skills. Ability to analyze complex data and operational problems, including the ability to construct appropriate solutions to achieve desired outcomes.
• Experience with executing various manufacturing techniques, including Lean Manufacturing.
• Ability to participate and lead cross-functional teams to achieve a desired outcome.
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are aware of a widespread scam that involves impersonating HR colleagues across different organizations. Impacted jobsites are currently working to address this issue and ensure a resolution. Please understand that this is not related to any Godiva sites nor is this a Godiva IT issue. This is a very unfortunate situation and we would like to take this opportunity to assure you that Godiva Chocolatier would never:
• Contact you via a personal email accounts
• Utilize any social media chats or hangouts to conduct interviews
• Send you checks or wire transfers for the purchase of equipment
• Provide you with new hire documentation without having met you or completing an application
If you believe that you have been contacted by someone fraudulently posing as a Godiva HR colleague, please contact us immediately at 800-946-3482 and then choose option 3.