Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
This position will support the Senior Manager, Global Internal Communications, and play an integral role in giving our colleagues more visibility to our business priorities, telling our brand’s story, and fostering the spirit of generosity that has been at the heart of Godiva since our inception in 1926. The Manager will own and implement a dynamic internal communications strategy that will make an emotional connection between our brand and our colleagues. Ultimately, this role will support the business by improving the retention and attraction of top talent, leveraging our colleagues as brand ambassadors, and establishing Godiva as one of the best companies to work for.
• Managing an employee communications program that engages our colleagues across the business, supports our Godiva culture, raises the visibility of critical programs and activities, and keeps colleagues abreast of our business.
• Developing creative communication strategies that leverage various platforms and channels like Yammer, blogs, video, external social media platforms, etc.
• Owning and leading the ongoing development of Inside Godiva, Yammer, and the Filling (respectively our intranet site, social networking site, and weekly global email broadcast). These are the three primary ways that we communicate with our employees around the world.
• Ensuring consistent messaging globally and driving engagement by strategically linking the internal communication plan to our business activities (new product launches, etc.)
• Collaborating with the Human Resources team and Executive Committee to provide transparency around the evolution of our operating model, ways of working together, and new roles within our business.
• Managing and implementing an editorial calendar with diverse representation from across our business and including townhalls, global leader calls, office-wide meetings, etc.
• Stimulating the brand’s thinking and help to influence and formulate engagement strategies.
• Managing global engagement activities - like Godiva Gives Month and Happiness Day – and creates of new global activities that galvanize our colleagues and spread joy.
• Undergraduate degree in communications or related discipline.
• 5-7 years of internal communications experience, driving create programing, and leveraging creative communication vehicles to disseminate information around the globe.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail and commitment to excellence.
• Demonstrated ability to be agile and flexible.
• Experience working within a global company and across diverse cultures.
• Excellent relationship building/maintaining skills.
• Ability to influence without authority.
• Maturity to handle confidential information.
• Team player with a positive outlook, good sense of humor, and can-do attitude.
• Comfortable partnering across all levels of the business and willingness to “roll up their sleeves” to achieve objectives.
• Strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office applications-in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). SharePoint/Intranet software experience a plus.
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.