Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
As a senior member of the Global Marketing team, to develop and implement the global digital communication strategy for Godiva in close cooperation with markets. Digital communication is seen as the key channel to revitalize the brand, transform it to a lifestyle brand and to reach a new generation of consumers for Godiva.
This is a new role that needs to drive the Digital First agenda across the company. He/ she will develop the strategy, the plan/calendar with markets. He/she will develop relevant, engaging brand equity building digital content. He /she will clarify the global /local roles and responsibilities and the optimal process and measures to assess impact. .
Key focus of the role is to shift the traditional mind-set of the current business to digital/social communication across the markets
This position is the most senior role in Global Brand based in NYC, and will have representative function in the HQ office for Global Brand.
• Drive the Digital agenda in the organization across the globe
• Lead the development of the digital communication strategy and activation programmes./calendar on a global scale
• Provide digital creative solutions and content
• Develop communication assets and toolkits for markets to utilize
• Be the key contact for Global Digital Agency
• Manage the global digital communication development budget
• Support the Annual Marketing Programme
• Act as digital communication guardian and ensure all activations are brand led and aligned across markets and partners.
• Build digital capabilities with regions
• Track performance and executional excellence of the brand initiatives across all markets
• Lead markets teams to deliver digital first execution plans
• Support the department with presentations, overviews needed to efficiently drive marketing management activity throughout the business
• Understand global market landscape.
• Act as a change agent, provide thought leadership in digital to help build best in class digital capabilities across marketing units
• Facilitate cross market learning and best practice sharing through effective engagement in the markets
• Degree level. Marketing focus. Leading edge experience in digital / social marketing
• 15-20 years of digital marketing experience in a competitive international marketing organization, preferably in a premium brand led organization, premium retail or agency experience
• Global experience is desirable
• Gravitas and leadership to lead/drive change
• Experienced in managing externals agencies.
• Experience at dealing with different geographies. Has cultural sensitivity
• Understanding of food and drink industry desirable
• Results driven, pragmatic in style
• Team player and ability to collaborate and partner cross-functionally
• Strong project management skills. Attention to detail
• Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Good influencer. Problem solving skills
• Eager to learn, is open minded
• Passionate, ambitious, with can do attitude
• Creative innovative thinker
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.