Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
Drive Creative Excellence and best practices in all design presentations.
Work closely with Global Head of Visual Merchandising to develop market relevant Globally applicable Campaign Key Visuals and photography to strengthen Godiva brand equity and promote our product in the best, industry relevant, appetite appealing and visually engaging way.
Develop and deliver creative/visual content that will build brand equity and drive commercial results across digital and retail channels.
• Under Creative direction of Global head of Design, conceptualize and develop Key Visual and supporting photography for global and seasonal launches
• Responsible for Art Direction of: e-com design and all in-house produced photography for use across various channels
• including but not limited to web (home pages, landing pages and banners, emails), social media, print, packaging needs, advertisements, key visuals, campaigns, POS materials
• Work closely with each region to develop a market relevant globally applicable design
• Lead project from initial concept design, to final production, and guidelines documentation
• Sketch, photo mock up and develop concept ideas for presentations
• Responsible for sourcing and managing food, prop stylist and retouchers
• Finalize all layouts for Global use and application
• Develop guidelines to ensures Globally consistent application of developed assets
• Full ownership of key areas of responsibility (both project led and ongoing key areas)
• Oversee graphic designer to ensure consistency across all communication materials
• Responsible for managing project timelines and deliverables
• At least 5 years as Art director with proven performance in print and digital
• Experience art directing complex digital, print and video commercial shoots
• Expert in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
• Strong typography, photo manipulation and illustration skills
• Ability to think and design across various media and applications
• Highly knowledgeable of print and digital production processes
• Ability to see projects through from concept to execution
• Accustomed to working in an environment requiring multi-tasking
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree preferred in art or design
• Proven project management skills of multiple small & large-scale projects
• Strong problem-solving skills, ability to overcome issues, propose solutions and make decisions
• Passion for advertising and visual story telling
• Behavioural: eye for detail, entrepreneurial, results driven, flexible, pragmatic, team player, eager to learn and open-minded
• Work on multiple projects with varying deadlines
• Ability to think spatially, understanding how a brand is consistently expressed and maintained in a physical environment, over time.
• An expert understanding of the trends in retail and food brands.
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.