Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
This position is responsible for Godiva North America’s internal audit plan, execution, and reporting. The function of this position is to strengthen and enhance efficiencies within the audit process, in order to provide value- added audits to the parent organization.
• Developing of audit programs addressing all areas of concern
• Conducting operational, financial and compliance audit projects
• Understanding & documenting business processes and internal controls and key internal controls
• Assessing the control environment and evaluation / testing of the effectiveness of internal controls
• Performing of audits as per Group standards within the specified time schedule
• Ensuring that the specified audit objectives are met in order to conclude on the existence and adequacy of internal controls
• Preparing timely audit reports for executive management and the Board of Directors
• Maintaining reports, findings, closing open items in the Internal Audit Management software
• Providing ad-hoc input to Director of Internal Audit on internal control and risk management related matters
• Providing input to Director of Internal Audit regarding improvements of existing audit programs
• Building strong relations with both Business Unit and local operating company management to ensure full management involvement in follow up on audit findings and timely closing thereof
• Bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 to 8 years experience (combination of external audit in a Big 4 company followed by internal audit experience)
• Professional Qualifications (CPA is a must, CIA is an asset)
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills are required
• Up to 50% travel (the incumbent may be required to travel internationally to support the Internal Audit plan of the organization)
• Results oriented – Meeting deadlines on assignments, juggling multiple demands, and to work with all types of individuals up to and including the CEO
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.