Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Logistics Systems Analyst will provide analytical support to the logistics team and will be responsible for the optimization of the current logistics systems (currently JDA/Red Prairie TMS and Manhattan WMS) and processes along with AS-400 and ERP analysis. The focus will be on medium and long term logistics planning for Godiva North America, supporting the optimization of current processes, as well as continually looking ahead to recommend contingencies and identify change opportunities. This role will also serve as operational backup for both domestic and international shipping and will be responsible for monitoring the inventory at Godiva’s 3PL warehouse. Other responsibilities will include the preparation of distribution metrics and ad hoc analysis.
1. 35% - Provide analytical support to Director of Logistics and Customer Service on strategic initiatives, productivity initiative opportunities and cross functional initiatives. Retrieve data from ERP, transportation management software, third party freight pay system, and warehouse management software. Work with Godiva Finance, Godiva Retail Operations, Godiva Wholesale Sales, Orefield Cold Storage Operations and other internal and external partners to validate assumptions and quantify operational improvement opportunities.
2. 20% - Compile and distribute monthly distribution metrics report. Work with all distribution channels to develop and communicate meaningful KPIs that provide relevant performance measurement and facilitate the identification of strategic improvement opportunities
3. 15% - Monitor inventory reports Monitor inventory flow between the manufacturing plant and US/3PL distribution centers. Monitor product shelf life and work with Star Brands, Wholesale and Retail sales to take proactive steps to minimize product obsolescence. . Maintain and reconcile inventory as needed.
4. 15% - Collaborate with Carrier Compliance Administrator and provide systems support in driving service improvement initiatives. Work with Godiva carriers and Godiva EDI team to ensure EDI/on-time delivery compliance and accuracy of on-time delivery data base. Ensure that timely/accurate shipment status information is accessible to Godiva Retail Allocation team and Wholesale CSRs via Godiva’s ERP. Administer monthly carrier report cards.
5. 10% - Serve as project manager and/or a resource for Supply Chain analytics. Serve as lead or co-lead on data analytic projects related to all distribution systems including, but not limited to, ERP, TMS, WMS and freight payment.
6. 5% - Review daily reports to help with metric data and to analyze daily performance against established service level metrics.
• Strong computer skills in spread sheet applications, word processing applications and Power Point
• Strong communication skills with a proven ability to interact effectively with other departments
• Knowledge of basic Inventory and financial transactions within supply chain functions.
• Knowledge of Logistic functions to include but not limited to air and ground carrier rate structures, service capabilities and capacity constraints
• Strong analytical skills with the capability to perform independent data analysis, verify the results, and organize them into presentation form
• Knowledge of data collection sources and cost accounting.
• Experience with computerized routing software, including data base management and file transfers between PC based and mainframe applications. Experience with web based applications preferred.
• Supervisory experience in an office environment is a plus
• Experience with Logistics KPI’s, dashboard measurements, cost to serve, service level agreements and activity based costings
• Knowledge of electronic data exchange with 204, 210 and 214 transactions and electronic tendering
• Experience with internal and external policy enforcement
• Experience with filing freight claims
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a relevant field
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without company sponsorshi
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant field
• Excellent communication skills, able to respond and interact with both internal and external stakeholders at every level
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Assertive and able to effectively manage crisis / high stress situations calmly and professionally
• Credible team player with good influence skills, particularly with regard to qualitative, abstract concepts
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Innate ability to translate technical metrics / terms into business related syntax
• Strategic thinking – ability to establish the vision and future direction to enable to company to maintain a leadership role in the professions and industry
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.