Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Supervisor – Warehouse & Inventory Controls manages the overall Warehousing activity on three (3) shifts within the GODIVA N.A. Reading plant manufacturing facility. Individual is responsible for providing leadership, managing the day to day activities of the warehouse, managing processes required for periodic validation of inventory and manage the fulfillment of orders. Individual will research and provide corrective action for inventory issues and organize inventory storage to optimize operational efficiency and initiate actions in out-of-stock situations. Individual is responsible for ensuring appropriate routing, reporting, controlling, and storing of goods. Governs all physical inventory management activities, including cycle counting, directing inventory administrative functions, and managing all material flow activity from the receipt of raw materials to the shipping of finished goods. Ensure effective communication across three shifts of Warehouse operations, Production operations, temporary employment agency representatives, and all manufacturing support functions, including Quality Assurance, Safety, Maintenance, Production Planning, etc. Contribute to Strategic Planning relating to Operations at the Reading plant.
1. Inventory management (Raw materials, WIP, and Finished Goods) – monitor transactional activity, perform research and reconciliation to correct imbalances
2. Develop, monitor, and enforce inventory policies (safety stocks, dual storages, alternate inventory) to mitigate supply risks
3. Manage the flow of raw materials, WIP, and finished goods between various external storage facilities
4. Implement methods, practices, and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials while meeting customer delivery requirements
5. Direct various administrative functions, including employee scheduling, time and attendance, etc.
6. Manage daily Good Manufacturing Practices
7. Assure compliance to safety standards
8. Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of direct reports
9. Monitors and enforces care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped to meet or exceed established Quality/Food Safety requirements
Years of Relevant Experience: 5 years
Educational Requirements: Bachelors in related field desired; Associates or equivalent work experience essential
Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis
• Excellent people and organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral). Ability to both formally and informally present to peers and management. Ability to develop logical arguments and articulate them appropriately and professionally in all situations.
• Experience with executing various warehousing techniques (shipping/receiving/warehouse)
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams to achieve a desired outcome.
• Project management skills; the ability to coordinate activities, including identification, justification, installation, and implementation of capital projects to achieved desired outcome.
• Understanding of numerous material management, handling and storage processes, most importantly GAAP approved inventory procedures, FIFO rotation, material and product lot control, refrigerated storage systems, and the management of internal company freight.
• Proficient in MS Office with strong excel capabilities; ERP (PRMS-AS400)
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Problem Solver: Think about what a process should be, evaluate the options, and implement solutions. Understand a good challenge, and find it deeply satisfying when you contribute to the success and resolution to said challenge.
• Self-driven ownership: Ask questions and “come up to speed” quickly. Hands-on, dive in, and take initiative without being asked.
• Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
Plant Manufacturing and Office environment with less than 5% travel
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.