Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Material Supply Coordinator will perform duties pertaining to system related activities within the Supply Chain Procurement Department. Duties to include, but are not limited to: creating purchase orders from requisitions, acknowledgement compliance and resolution, system maintenance, query management, expediting, Return to Vendor (RTV) process, receipt reconciliation, PAT inquiries, filing and file maintenance, and invoice resolution.
1. 30% - creating and maintaining purchase orders.
2. 25% - acknowledgement compliance and resolution, invoice and receipt resolution, queries and exception reports.
3. 10% - maintenance of purchasing database (vendor setups, product master updates).
4. 15% - expediting.
5. 10% - filing and file maintenance.
• Review requisitions for compliance to Godiva Procurement Policy. Submit requisitions to Procurement for approval. Approved requisitions will be processed into purchase orders. Purchase order types include Standard Direct Orders, Non-Standard Direct Orders (On Risk), Blanket releases and VMI releases.
• Blanket order management requires recognizing runouts and timing for new BO creation (including forward looking demand), reconciliation of BO’s as they near their completion (managing over/under runs and making sure Godiva open BO qty’s match suppliers), and placement of master blanket orders and individual releases
• VMI management requires finite, weekly and daily communication with supply planning / plant schedulers, plant receiving, and suppliers to execute highly targeted delivery quantities and timing.
• Maintain ERP system with up-to-date information. This includes, but is not limited to: approved pricing, delivery dates, vendor set-up & maintenance, lead-times, buyer codes, commodity codes, MOQ’s, lot sizes.
• Transmit & prioritize purchase orders & supporting documents to suppliers.
• Manage the purchase order acknowledgement/confirmation process; determine when quantity and/or delivery does not meet requirements and resolve discrepancies.
• Review, update & maintain purchase orders on a timely basis until they are closed.
• Ensure suppliers provide required actions & documentation related to Supply Chain: Ex. schedule deliveries with prior notice, provide ASN’s & COA’s (if applicable) prior to delivery.
• Expedite current &/or past-due orders based on determined criteria to meet required business needs.
• Communicate issues including shortages & late deliveries to Planning, Finance Procurement , and other key internal customers.
• React to supply impacts due to supplier Non-Conformances and Process Deviations
• Run, distribute, review & act on queries including exception reports, requisitions to covert to PO’s, past due PO’s, etc.
• Investigate & resolve invoice discrepancies related to SKU & volume issues.
• Manage the supply chain procurement aspects affected by the Return to Vendor (RTV) process stage 1&4.
• Reconcile receipts, request proof-of-deliveries and follow through on resolution.
• File and meticulously maintain the supply chain procurement files.
• Person will have fundamental procurement knowledge in order to manage special projects as assigned.
• Willingness to learn other areas / cross train and help in other areas of supply chain
• Education desired: Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis.
• Years of relevant experience: 0-2 years of experience
• Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
-Knowledge of PRMS/AS400 & SAP(desired)
-Knowledge of MS Office
-Knowledge of Planning systems
-Good communication skills both verbal and written
-Procurement process knowledge, e.g. Requisition to PO process and related processes to ensure on time and accurate deliveries.
-Cross-functional problem solving.
• Normal office working environment in North America.
• Significant interaction and time in Godiva’s manufacturing and distribution facilities; limited travel 10%, predominantly (Spring Ridge, Orefield,).
• Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windows-based PC programs.
• Limited working at home
• Ability to lift up to 20lbs in an office environment
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.