Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
Under the supervision of the Packaging Engineering Manager, the Packaging Engineer Internship position supports several key areas: Purchasing, Marketing, Production, Planning/Scheduling, and Creative Services. The position works to help support, the design and testing of packages in addition to packaging materials. This role will support production/ manufacturing in the resolution of packaging issues including implementation of new products into production. This position maintains the development of structural and protective packaging components for Pallet Club Projects, Secondary and Tertiary packaging; and bulk packaging as specified by the Bills of Materials by investigating, specifying, costing and testing the all of the components. Critically, the Packaging Engineering Manager looks to this position for support on packaging timelines to support deliveries of 1MM units per year in Classic and Seasonal packaging components. The position provides technical support to meet the needs specific to the Purchasing Managers, Production, and Creative Services as necessary. Additionally, the position advises the technical standard for delivering quality-packaging components.
Minimum education required: Currently enrolled in a BS Packaging Engineering or related Technical Discipline or recent graduate. Experience: Internship / Beginner Level
Duration of internship: 6 months or 1 year
Hours: 40 hours per week not to exceed 1000 hours.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• Specifies and designs product packaging to ensure product integrity and appeal under varying shipping and display conditions.
• Tests, analyzes, and selects materials for packaging based on durability and cost effectiveness.
• Thorough knowledge of packaging, product and bills of materials to successfully produce Packaging Specifications for Quoting
• Fundamental knowledge of printing processes and color management
• Can interpret information and implement with management support
• Can sustain activity on multiple projects simultaneously
• Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Relies on senior resources for guidance
• Knowledge of food packaging material science
• Practical knowledge of packaging converting technology
• Basic knowledge of distribution theories
• Functional participant in project team; capable of working with a large cross section of plant management
• Fundamental knowledge of profit and loss factors
• Functional knowledge of operations
• Capable of identifying problems and seeking appropriate resources for solution
• Strong written/verbal skills
• Can effectively communicate with supplier resources
• Proficient in PC applications including Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook (or similar email programs), and capable of learning new computer programs quickly.
• High level of analytical ability
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• High level of interpersonal skills
• Blueprint/Technical drawing understanding
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office programs, including working knowledge of work processing, spread sheet applications and power point
• Must be CAD literate- competent user of AutoCAD or equivalent and of TOPS or equivalent palletization software.
• Sound organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple priorities
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.