Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
Ensure Godiva is relevant to consumers with leading edge store design and development capabilities. Lead the design and development of all new store formats and refurbishments for Godiva across all regions and channels (Retail, Lifestyle, Wholesale, Global Travel Retail) based on market position and trends and in line with our brand equity standards to ensure operational efficiency is at the heart of all designs.
Continuously develop best practice, provide direction to and ensure consistency in store design and development projects across the Globe and roll-out effective processes.
• Lead Store Design strategy, for new store concept and format refresh. Be abreast of latest design trends to ensure Godiva retail and lifestyle stores are a competitive advantage.
• Manage external design agencies for retails design concepts
• Oversee design development and timeline
• Define guidelines and manage lay outs
• Functional leadership of regional store development teams to execute design within guidelines and transfer best practices. Ensure stores meet specific regional budgets for AOP Gross margin targets.
• Review and approve fixture plans and operational requirements of store new-build and refurbs including optimize efficiencies for front and back office
• Collaborate with global procurement for value engineering
• Set specifications for materials and fixtures and work with regional procurement teams to identify the most competitive price from suppliers
• Develop and implement processes for the successful roll-out of all store construction and fixture programs.
• Establish and maintain the annual budget for the Store Design department.
• Develop annual Store Plan for the regions, including generic formats / planograms / displays / concepts
• Consolidate cross-region performance
• Keep abreast of regulations in market to ensure design compliancy
• Present to key landlords
• Solid experience in store design and development in lifestyle food store environment
• Master’s degree in design or architectural design
• Business minded, creative and Innovative
• Leadership Skills to focus colleagues on goals and objectives across the matrix
• An excellent written and verbal communicator, with proven ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders. Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Collaborative, strategic thinker and problem solver, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex projects simultaneously and make effective decisions that keep projects moving forward.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, with an eye for process improvement.
• Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with ability to respond to urgent job responsibilities as they arise and flexible when projects and priorities redirect.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop required.
• Ability to travel regularly
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.