Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Head of Marketing will be responsible for leading the brand forward in North America by developing and executing the Godiva brand strategy across all channels including Retail Boutiques, Wholesale Accounts, and eCommerce. This individual will be the strategic leader for the NA region while also being the liaison with the global marketing organization. Additional responsibilities include managing the full marketing budget and P&L while ensuring metrics are met.
Essential Duties and responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
• Lead the development of the strategy, structure and team within marketing.
• Partner with the Global Chief Marketing Officer to stimulate innovative brand strategies that clearly define the vision, positioning and brand voice to evolve the brand in the NA market.
• Plan and oversee all advertising and promotional activities including traditional, in-store, online, direct and local marketing initiatives.
• Create and implement short and long term marketing strategies focused on increasing traffic, sales and margin.
• Manage and direct all digital marketing vehicles including SEO, email marketing, web analytics and social media.
• Manage efforts to reach customers via paid and organic search, social media programs, e-mail marketing, and other digital and traditional marketing initiatives.
• Plan, develop and establish marketing policies and objectives in accordance with sales and business strategies.
• Develop and execute retail and wholesale marketing programs that are consistent with Godiva’s brand positioning in the NA market.
• Work with retail, wholesale, and eCommerce business units to identify and negotiate key collaborations, collateral and partnerships that meet the needs of those businesses.
• Execute customer centric marketing strategy as the creative visionary to drive Godiva’s position in the marketplace.
• Leverage CRM, research, segmentation analysis, and customer insights and analytics, from all sources, to drive brand decisions and capitalize on the needs of existing and new markets, segments, and customers.
• Establish goals and objectives for customer loyalty programs.
• Set direction to increase new customer base, engagement and overall satisfaction and sustain customer loyalty.
• Plan marketing initiatives and provide strong leadership to determine the best use of marketing investment ensuring proper planning, management, controls, analysis and measurement to drive ROI.
• Develop tracking and metrics to monitor performance against goals to determine the success of marketing programs, promotions and activities.
• Build and develop a marketing team capable of carrying out best-in-class marketing strategies and tactics.
• Provide marketing skills and expertise to lead, manage, and mentor the marketing team from day to day communication and execution to long term professional career development.
• Maintain and oversee relationships with global marketing team and external constituents (advertising agencies and other partners).
The selected candidates will be/have:
• Exceptional strategic thinking capabilities, combined with the ability to execute at a tactical level.
• Prior experience and a clear understanding of traditional and non-traditional marketing with responsibility for driving traffic to retail, wholesale and online.
• Visionary, creative thinker.
• Business and marketing acumen with a knowledge and appreciation of the creative product/process.
• Proven ability to manage team and lead cross functional teams.
• Strong leadership and influence skills.
• Outstanding leader with high collaboration skills.
• Experience directing, briefing and motivating creative teams and reviewing/enhancing marketing materials.
• Ability to practically apply creative to build customer loyalty to the brand and drive traffic to stores.
• Resourceful, adaptable, with an entrepreneurial mind set.
• Customer centric, brand steward with a passion for delivering great customer experiences across all touch points.
• Results-oriented, driven to move ideas and business forward.
• Proven experience in new product marketing – positioning, naming, package development, introductory marketing plans.
• Strong leadership skills, influencing skills and ability to resolve conflicting situations.
• Proven understanding of project management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent, MBA from a competitive college/university will be desirable.
• 10-15 years proven brand marketing experience; specialty retail and wholesale marketing experience preferred.
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.