Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
Position is responsible for collaborating to delivering measurable improvements in reliability, quality, and productivity by identifying, leading and owning results for improvement projects within the plant. Investigates / troubleshoots problems and requirements of projects, & develops plans for solutions. Coordinates with other departments on assigned tasks and secures / reviews inputs from various stakeholders and make recommendations accordingly. Provides data for team-level measures. Serves as technical leaders for small projects.
• Support the plant(s) evidencing a strong understanding of the strategic direction and goals. Focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of but not limited to Lean Six Sigma tools and other continuous improvement methodologies.
• Work directly with production operators to troubleshoot and improve processes, including processing, packaging, maintenance, sanitation and other applicable areas within the plant.
• Collect and analyse manufacturing data and process improvement projects, including the development of the project pipeline and all implementation documentation.
• Ability to determine root-causes of performance within systems and processes
• Play a leadership role in process assessment and present assessment results to applicable business leaders for review/approval to move forward.
• Deliver significant and quantifiable process improvement and financial benefit across the organization on assigned projects. Deliver Excellence yearly financial improvement targets.
• Active change agent by leverage influencing skills.
• Establish strong, effective and collaborative partnerships with key leaders, project managers and subject matter experts to identify continuous improvement opportunities and help to build effective solutions.
• Design improvements that align with strategic objectives, support business goals and deliver efficiency gains to reduce costs to business partners' operations while continuing to service customers.
• Quantifies and develops appropriate cost benefit measures for new or redesigned value-added processes.
• Facilitate continuous improvement events and assist with training.
• Supports sharing of best practices as result of internal and external benchmarking activities.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Ability to follow established procedures and good manufacturing processes
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to lead & manage in a proactive and engaged manner.
• Exceptional ability to build sustainable relationships quickly.
• Ability to hold people accountable
• Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques – i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, problem solving, etc.
• Detailed knowledge of Six Sigma concepts
• Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. thought maps, root cause
• Knowledge of manufacturing principles
• Bachelor's degree in in Engineering from an accredited institution required
• B.S. – Engineering – Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
• 2 years of experience with Lean manufacturing / operations
• Desire to achieve Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification
• Minimum 1-year of experience with project management.
• Ability to speak Spanish
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.