Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company. We are seeking retail leadership who understand the Cafe Retail experience and are looking to move Godiva forward in a retail cafe capacity. Food and Beverage experience is highly desirable in this leadership role.
The Head of Retail and Cafe – NA will formulate, communicate and lead the consistent implementation of the strategic vision for the North American retail organization for this 180 store specialty retailer. He/she will serve as a leadership role model for the field team, motivating the store organization to achieve goals and drive sales. This individual will be responsible for the in-store customer experience to ensure that every location consistently reflects the company’s brand image. He/she will be responsible for maximizing the profitability of the retail stores, controlling operating costs, implementing merchandise programs and achieving sales and profitability goals.
• P&L responsibility for all North American retail locations
• Achieve operating budget goals or division sales strategies, as well as comp sales increases and maximum profit contribution per store location
• Attract, train, motivate and retain talent in the stores who will prove to be strong ambassadors of the brand and sales generators for the business
• Create and champion a culture that focuses on leadership development, resulting in a strong succession plan for all management levels in the retail organization with concrete understand of retail cafe infrastructure and expertise
• In instances where succession planning does not generate the correct candidate, ensure the field has an external bench of talent created through proactive networking and interviewing
• Responsible for the development and administration of store policies and procedures, including the effective and efficient use of manpower, expense controls and operational policies
• Collaborate with corporate teams to ensure the successful prioritization and execution of strategic initiatives to build profitability and grow sales; including Merchandising, Planning & Allocation, Visual Merchandising, Marketing, Real Estate, Construction, Corporate Sales, Human Resources, etc.
• Effectively prioritize field communication and activity to ensure a focus on what impacts the customer experience and drives sales
• Identify customer and merchandising trends from the field and recommend opportunities
• Consumer centric individual with demonstrated ability to translate the brand vision consistently across a retail organization, while allowing for some localization
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, develop, coach and inspire a customer-focused team that embraces accountability and achieves or exceeds planned results
• Keen eye for talent, both internally and externally, with success at building a high performing Retail origination
• Strong strategic-thinker who can also communicate ideas and ensure excellent implementation
• Proven ability to be extremely effective in a matrixed organization
• Highly collaborative management style with ability to forge strong relationships across all levels with a variety of people
• Straight forward, direct communication style that still motivates others
• Demonstrated ability to drive organizational change, identify opportunities to drive efficiency and upgrade talent, as well as effectively implement new ideas, programs and processes
• Open-minded and not complacent
• Intelligent, creative, and business savvy individual who demonstrates good judgment and is tuned in to the pulse of both the field and corporate organizations
• Strong personal values, ethics, and high standards of performance
• Interested in continual personal development; willing to solicit 360 degree feedback from others and where appropriate incorporate feedback into own development
• Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of a college degree or equivalent experience
• Outstanding brand ambassador
• Expert in specialty retail
Requirements and/or Desired Traits:
Food and Beverage Experience
Examples of a strong Focus in Customer Centricity
Experience Driving Profitable Sales
Workforce Management and Drive for Results
Ability to Collaborate with Key Stakeholders across Godiva
Key competencies in strategic and operational capabilities to drive food and beverage café concepts
Real Estate Site selection and Management
Strong Leadership Ability to engage and inspire an organization and team while building trust with high integrity
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.