Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The person will lead the finance function to drive and support future business growth and profitability. Plan, organize and direct all financial activities and policies for long term business development. Set the Region’s economic and financial standard and procedures in line with Group.
• Highly effective financial partner and adviser to the Managing Director and Management team of North America to set long term strategic growth initiatives.
• Lead the preparation of the Region’s Strategic Plans, Operating Plans and Forecast Updates
• Drive the team to achieve sales and EBIT targets for the Region by providing financial analysis reports and forecast expenditure to other all departments.
• Lead the preparation and review of capital projects (new store openings, store remodels, warehousing, IT projects, etc.) and provide insightful financial analyses in a timely manner for geographic expansion, new channel or product line extensions, new marketing initiatives, pricing studies and any other ad-hoc projects.
• Work with cross-functional global teams to identify opportunities for continuous improvement (planning/reporting and operational) across the business.
• Direct and review all periodic financial reports for the submission to Global
• Ability to identify new business development opportunities, and associated risks, using financial modelling to quantify the strategic options for new channel development, capital investment spend and marketing spend.
• Build, develop and motivate a high performing Finance team.
• Senior finance professional with a high degree of commercial acumen and a proven track record in advising senior management on expenditure and investments
• A qualified accountant with an MBA being a distinct advantage
• Strong communication skills with all levels in the organisation
• Ability to influence senior stakeholders to ensure the business makes the appropriate investment decisions whilst remaining compliant
• Thrives in ambiguous environments
• Ability to work autonomously and deliver to tight deadlines
• Experience in business transformation, improving financial processes and optimizing technology are essential
• Recognized for team leadership and the professional development of others
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.