Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
This role will manage and maintain compensation programs and processes across the various business lines globally to ensure employee satisfaction, and be responsible for implementing and developing rewards strategies that will attract, retain, and motivate employees, with cost and compliance control responsibilities and active involvement in daily compensation decision making. This position will consult with HR Business Partners and business leaders on an ongoing basis and function as the subject matter expert in executive, broad-based, and variable compensation across a geographically dispersed workforce. This position will be responsible for data collection, analysis and reporting.
This role will manage the year end compensation process, and the Global Mobility Services (GMS) function. The position will work with our 3rd party vendors, expatriates, localized employees, and respective HRBP and Finance leads to ensure the efficient movement of talent globally. The role will also work to ensure all costs are tracked and kept within the range of the agreed upon budget.
• Partner with HR Business Partners, Finance, and HRIS/IT business leaders to develop, streamline, automate, and implement compensation policies, guidelines, and programs to establish corporate standards, as well as to meet varied market needs across all lines of business. Evaluate all programming for effectiveness based on annual strategic plan targets.
• Oversee incentive and variable pay design, including global plans and various regional short-term and sales incentive plans, to drive performance and business objectives.
• Prepare analysis of the Compensation programs and support the organizational performance management process through Key Performance Indicators (KPI) analysis and benchmarking. Implement KPI/metric creation, tracking and ownership to continued metric reporting to provide meaningful management line of sight.
• Conduct market pay analyses to ensure that employees receive market competitive pay. Evaluate and recommend special pay adjustments, promotional increases, job evaluations, and position reclassifications as appropriate.
• Prepare executive and key global employee offer packages.
• Manage year-end merit cycle process including merit budget proposals, variance analysis, upper management proposals and reporting, year-end communication and individual rewards statements.
• Manage expatriate arrangements for long and short term assignments and company transfers, including assignment package development, pay delivery and tax services.
• Consult and partner on various global Rewards projects, including such as benefits program evaluations and development and system integrations and implementations.
• Communicate with leadership and employees through multiple media to ensure understanding and engagement of compensation plans.
• Develop presentations, proposals, and materials for the Executive Leadership Team and Board material as required.
• Manage annual salary survey data submission process and salary survey budget and timeline.
• Track headcount cost and provide monthly updates to Finance, as well as at key times within the year – 6+6, Annual Operating Plan budgeting.
• Ensure company compliance to all regulatory standards related to compensation. Ensure programs and processes are standardized where appropriate for compliance with local employment laws and regulations in all cases.
• Recruit, train, coach, direct and evaluate staff performance. Manage staff on a daily basis.
• Manage external vendor relationships.
Professional office environment with some manufacturing and retail site visits. Travel varies based on projects, between U.S. states and internationally, ranging from 10-20%. Incumbent needs to transport self between work locations. Physical requirements: relatively sendentary job that includes standing for long periods, lifting weights up to 40 pounds.
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.