Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Sr Manager of E-Commerce Fulfilment will play a crucial role in supporting the growth of our online businesses in NA and support global affiliates as well as transforming our supply chain. This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in strategy/strategic planning and business operations, requiring a mix of analysis, strategy development, cross-functional leadership and project management. The Sr Manager is the primary partner to the brand’s online team in the development and execution of inventory position, customer fulfilment offers and forward-looking online strategies in response to business priorities. S/he monitors network capacity based on the brand’s commercial plan and performance, and DC network health. S/he is a key partner for planning demand, helping operational teams to overcome risk and prioritize investment. S/he leads the operational hindsight process to drive continuous improvement efforts between the brand online team and logistics network.
• Lead the strategy for building and growing the ecommerce supply chain infrastructure to scale growth and realize accelerated profitable growth within the space including the technology and processes need to meet the business growth needs.
• Lead the 3rd party partnership that own the warehouse and assembly operations to continuously improve customer satisfaction, fulfil our brand promise and increase operational efficiency all reportable and managed through operational metrics
• Drive the annual budgeting and strategic planning for SC in the Ecom channel
• Serve as the fulfilment authority to brand Online/Finance/Company Planning teams, in conjunction with Brand Operations leader, translating customer demand strategies into a recommended customer delivery model to support inventory availability and DC operations.
• Drive appropriate actions to manage/optimize network performance based on insights produced by central eCommerce Fulfilment team
• Responsible to provide DC/logistics network with accurate brand forecasts based on Brand priorities and emerging business needs. Negotiates “out of guardrails” demand prioritization and non-standard delivery needs
• Build the DC level plans that roll-up to the annual operating plan and unit alignment updates, including outbound flow forecasts and capacity management guard rails
• Manages cost driving components of Service Level agreement to ensure business needs are balanced with company’s financial targets:
• Set goals and metrics to ensure fiscal targets are met
• Lead training & communication efforts to support Distribution best-practices and DC initiatives
• Drive strategy development around network optimization, DC capacity, and inventory availability, in conjunction with Brand Operations Lead
• Effectively negotiate and influence cross-functional teams to support business needs, including Logistics Operations, IM, DC Operations, Transportation, Company Planning, Marketing and the Field
• Manage senior-level communication to divisional leadership to communicate network performance and summarize impact of initiatives to the business
• Partner with Logistics Operations leaders to gain alignment on business requirement and support to address inventory availability priorities
• Proactively foster brand and business partner relationships to collaborate or gain buy-in on analysis and process recommendations.
• Collaborate with business partners to implement process & system change when issues are identified
• Technology savy able to pinpoint relevant web, CRM solutions
• Strong business acumen
• Strong decision-making skills and an understanding of where projects fit into overall Company and development strategies.
• Ability to communicate clearly with internal and external customers, lead conversations/meetings and influence others
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment and manage competing priorities
• Drive cross-functional projects to support new strategic initiatives and business opportunities for the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Drive complex business analysis to identify business opportunities to improve revenue and profitability
• Drive improvement in inventory availability, increasing inventory efficiency and ensuring that the company makes efficient supply chain decisions
• Work cross culturally with global affiliates
• Must be able to undertake local and international travel
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Logistics management operations with a focus on Ecommerce
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Innate ability to translate technical metrics / terms into business related syntax
• Strategic thinking – ability to establish the vision and future direction to enable to company to maintain a leadership role in the professions and industry
• Excellent communication skills, able to respond and interact with both internal and external stakeholders at every level
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Assertive and able to effectively manage crisis / high stress situations calmly and professionally
• Credible team player with good influence skills, particularly with regard to qualitative, abstract concepts
• Experience with parcel shipping preferred
• Creative thinking skills, willingness to share opinion and challenge the status quo
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong ability to dissect and speak to analytical information
• Work cross functionally to identify and build best practices and process improvements
• Bachelor’s Degree with Concentration in Supply Chain/Logistics or Operations Management
• Master’s Degree
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.