Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Manager of HR Operations, North America (NA) is a part of the Godiva NA Human Resources department, reporting to the Head of HR Shared Services, Americas, responsible for managing the NA HR Operations team. This role is responsible for NA Human Resources administration including HR processing and compliance, employee relations and HRIS.
80% Manage the HR operations team of HR specialists. Responsible for managing HR requests from other departments, including employee status changes, HR reporting and analytics, training initiatives, employee relations support, whistle blowing hotline and investigations and HR policy and procedure administration. Provide coaching and training to the team and improve process and procedures. Identify gaps in processes, recommend and implement solutions. Perform complex HR and compliance research to develop and improve policies. Provide project management for HR programs.
10% Manage year-end compensation process for NA clients, including data collection, auditing, documentation, year-end communication and individual compensation statements.
10% Develop, manage and motivate direct reports to perform at or above expectations in delivering effective HR practices that are reflective of the Godiva brand. Ensure adequate and measurable goals and objectives are created and reviewed on a consistent basis to support employee development.
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and customer service orientation to different levels of the organization, for drafting and delivering information and managing inquiries about programs.
• Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload to support supervision and delegation to multiple direct reports.
• Ability to deal with different departments and all levels of employees throughout the company in order to support development and implementation of new human resource policies in partnership with HR leads and business partners.
• Skill of negotiation to work with internal business partners, outside consultants and vendor representatives.
• Ability to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast paced environment to support overlapping projects and deadlines.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of legal and compliance regulations to maintain program compliance and address regulatory changes.
• Ability to handle a high level of confidentiality to support changes in staffing, organization structures and corporate strategy.
• Proficient in mathematical concepts to create and interpret data reporting and spreadsheets in order to make program recommendations.
• Working in a complex business that spans retail, wholesale, direct, and franchise business channels as well as manufacturing and office/corporate functions.
• Managing local human resource practices in conjunction with global policies.
• Working occasionally with regional offices where systems do not exist or where English is not a primary language, to determine appropriate solutions or actions.
• Managing dissemination of information across time zones, against common deadlines.
• Travel as warranted between company locations, to vendor locations or to various other locations may be required.
• Seven or more years of demonstrated professional experience applying knowledge to address broad-based HR issues.
• Experience developing HR processes and procedures for salaried and hourly workforces is essential.
• Three or more years of experience as a manager in the human resources functional area of a mid-size to large organization.
• Experience with management of shared service administrative solutions is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Workday preferred.
• Broad knowledge of human resources policy and compliance issues with current knowledge of best practices.
• Ability to consistently handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
• Prior experience presenting to VP and C-suite executives, managing and presenting cost models, and managing the negotiation process with vendor partners is required.
• Experience in additional areas of HR is beneficial.
• BS/BA required, MS/MBA or equivalent preferred.
• CBP, CEBS, SPHR preferred.
• Available for a 12 month Consulting role
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.