Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
Maintain timely and accurate fixed asset records for Godiva North America's capital spending activity by writing off assets that are discarded, capitalizing items that are being placed in service, and transferring assets that are moved to a new location. Track and control projects in progress ensuring that each project stays within its predefined limits. Book the appropriate month-end journal entries into the general ledger and issue monthly capital expenditure reports to senior management and WHQ. Create budgets associated with the fixed asset function and determine the accrual amount to make for each project at the end of each quarter. Regularly provide WHQ with detailed reports for tax calculation purposes. Communicate regularly with the international team and coordinate the submission of Godiva's global fixed assets information to WHQ. Coordinate the international effort to compile Godiva's global fixed asset information in response to various requests from WHQ.
1. 25% - Track and control Godiva's capital spending throughout the month.
2. 25% - Maintain timely and accurate fixed asset records for senior leadership and WHQ.
3. 25% - Perform month-end closing process for fixed assets.
4. 25% - Issue internal and external fixed asset/capital expenditure reports
• Recalculate the depreciation expense/accumulated depreciation for Canadian retail stores using Canada's rules and regulations for the purpose of filing income taxes in Canada. Determine the resulting adjustments to the Canadian ledger.
• Maintain a rolling projection of the capital spending and depreciation expense, adjusting for any reallocation of funds that occur throughout the year.
• Determine proper classification for capital vs. expense questions as well as the appropriate life and classification of items when they are capitalized.
• Ensure that Campbell's fixed asset system ties exactly to Godiva's capital accounts. Research any discrepancies and make the appropriate adjustments.
• During the year-end close, communicate with each division and determine the appropriate accruals to make for each project while strictly adhering to accounting standards.
• Create a depreciation budget for each of Godiva's divisions. This requires close communication with the various divisions in order to plan for any assets that will be capitalized or written off during the course of the year.
• As the end of the fiscal year approaches, maintain close communication with senior management to ensure that the total capital budget is spent.
• Determine the value of existing assets that are being retired and account for any resulting sale proceeds.
• Coordinate the international effort to compile Godiva's global capital spending reports
• Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's degree
• Education desired: Bachelor's degree
• Years of relevant experience: 5 – 7 years
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Experience working with automated systems, uploading, downloading
- Strong financial background and budgeting experience
- Strong Mircosoft Office skills, including Excel and Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.