Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
Manage all activities in the accounts payable & receivable functions and oversee the licence/permit and T&E functions.
• Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices while adhering to internal controls and policies.
• Minimize accounts receivable risk while working with the sales force to maximize sales.
• Drive efficiency initiatives pertaining to both AR & AP in an effort to improve Working Capital.
• Responsible for accurately invoicing customers in both the Wholesale and Direct channels.
• Oversee investigation of customer credit risk and advise course of action on credit applications.
• Negotiate payment on delinquent customer accounts and determine when to send the account to an outside collection agency or write off the receivable.
• Manage customer accounts that file for bankruptcy protection.
• Analyze financial statements of large, high-risk customers and report findings and recommendations to senior management.
• Manage the relationships with external collection agencies, credit reporting agencies, and third party invoice processing providers.
• Collaborate with other financial staff to project cash collections as well as AR and AP balances.
• Ensure that retail stores have the appropriate licenses and permits needed to operate.
• Oversee the Travel and Expense platform contracted through Concur.
• Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree; MBA or CPA preferred
• Years of relevant experience: 7 – 10 years
• Supervisory experience
• Good communication skills
• Analytical/problem solving skills
• Integrated system knowledge and understanding
• Strong attention to details
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Normal office working environment with less than 5% travel.
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.