Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
Senior Analyst, FP&A - Retail is responsible for providing financial support to the Retail Channel Head, and supporting the FP&A team with regards to the ongoing performance of Retail. In addition, he/she will contribute to the planning, forecasting and long range planning process for Retail, and help to implement and drive the strategic direction for the Retail business.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Senior Analyst FP&A, Retail will be responsible for managing all Retail KPIs including Comp, Non-Comp, Store P&Ls, Product P&Ls, investments, and programs, including all other critical elements of Retail. He/She will also work on Ad-hoc projects, and provide support to other members of Godiva's management team.
• Support and help drive and monitor the Retail channel strategy
• Provide analysis as directed on all retail financial projects and retail planning and analysis.
• Work closely with retail team on financial priorities and deliverables
• Support the strategies / initiatives that will bring financial plans to life with retail team
• Strong communication & delivery of analysis to retail team and other Internal partners
• Support scenario planning – long term and short term with Retail and overall Godiva growth at core of the focus
• Support Retail AOP planning process – templates, timing, meeting & reports
• Assist with the accurate delivery of Retail Business AOP
• Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree
• 3-5 years financial planning and analysis
• MBA/CPA is a plus
• Exceptional communication skills (ability to prepare presentations and articulately deliver to managers, as well as Godiva senior management)
• Emotional and professional maturity and poise (significant interaction with senior management and external customers)
• Self-starter/independent worker
• Comfortable with ambiguity
• Resourceful and savvy about company culture
• Change agent and out of the box thinker
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent financial analysis skills (particularly financial modelling skills)
• Enjoy working on a team while possessing a strong independent work ethic
• Excellent computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office applications-Excel, PowerPoint); experience with Hyperion preferred.
• Normal office working environment in New York, NY
• Minor travel (approx. 10%) outside of New York, NY
• Ability to lift up to 20lbs in an office environment
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.