Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Senior Planner, Inventory and International Supply Planning is responsible for macro management of all inventories for raw material, packaging, WIP and finished goods and Retail supplies. Included as a major process is runout analysis on items rationalized, discontinued, disposition on excess seasonal products, and refreshed packaging. Monthly O&E (Obsolete & Excess) and all KPI’s associated with inventory. This position is responsible for activities necessary to meet each of the following company goals: Inventory levels, inventory turns, O&E and SKU rationalization. Further this position has accountability for the Supply Planning function and internal customer liason for products sold to international regions within the company.
The Inventory Planner is responsible for but not limited to:
• Monthly Obsolescence & Excess Reserve report for Controller to post reserve for Godiva and pladis companies. This includes analysis of changes month to month, increases in and out of aged inventories and potential future issues verses AOP.
• Lead (with assistance from planning department admin) Seasonal O&E process, including build out of decks by season showing finished goods, packaging, and candy O&E with recommendations of “buildable” quantities; gain and monitor commitments from sales team for sell in of O&E items and monitor forecasting and completion of same.
• Chairing of two separate monthly meetings to review aged inventory (by % shelf life remaining) for finished goods and perishable Retail supplies with Demand teams, Marketing and Finance. Review of Manufacturing Plant candy inventory age and disposition, by level, with operations, quality and Finance departments. This includes the power point deck for each meeting, facilitation of meeting and re-cap updates.
• Prepare and update inventory status in AS400 for current and past seasons. Analyze seasonal inventory for FG build potential and mitigation of excess dollars, providing a power point presentation to review with Marketing, Sales, Demand planning and Finance. Support the inventory status on seasonal items after each season is complete, responsible to compile reports on seasonal obsolete inventories and review with Cost Accounting for the reserve calculations.
• Generation of monthly reports to include; Monthly Aging report, GL Summary with YTD and YTG updates.
• Responsible for Runout analysis on all items being discontinued due to sku rationalization, regulatory, refreshed packaging or engineering changes. This includes the correct coding of user defined fields in PRMS and monthly updates of potential exposure.
• Chair meetings for potential builds to mitigate O&E excess exposure
• Monitor the seasonal build sheets to insure inventory is available to support the on time delivery shipments to channels
• Perform the yearly ABC analysis on Finished Goods and update the product master in PRMS
• Support and monitor the VMI process on packaging
• Project running month end and year-end inventory dollars for AOP
• Review all SKU’s with inventory to ensure there is demand and work with Marketing and Demand planning on any items with no demand, coding in PRMS accordingly
• Responsible for all item master data pertaining to inventory, ABC coding and runout.
• Responsible to provide data and analysis regarding inventory as requested.
International Supply Planning
• Co-lead (along with demand planning peer) interco regional meetings, leading the supply planning discussion and activities
• Responsible for supply planning activity in support of NA manufacturing of goods sold interco to other regions, including but not limited to:
- Creating monthly orders for each region based on PO’s from each region
- Working with Logistics to have orders fulfilled and transportation arrangements made according to the terms of sale to each region
- Coordinate with NA supply chain team (Reading planning and operations, Demand planning, QA, Finance/controller, logistics, etc.) regarding requested changes to orders and forecast, materials liabilities,
• Responsible for interco CSR activity in support of NA manufacturing of goods sold interco to other regions, including but not limited to:
- Communicate in a CSR capacity to each region providing status of orders, over’s/under’s, expected ETD’s, material liabilities
- Coordinating with plant controller for interco pricing of new products, and communicating pricing to the regions
- Coordinating with plant controller for annual AOP interco pricing of existing products, and communicating pricing to the regions
Qualifications for the Inventory Planner Position:
• 2 to 5 years of Planning and inventory management experience
• Ideally (not required) 4 year BS degree in business or related
• Strong organizational, written and oral communications skills
• Ability to interact with management from contributor and peer level through VP / Functional “Heads of” level; and moderate communication accordingly (know your audience).
• Full competence in the following software platforms:
- AS400 (green screen – non-GUI interface) PRMS (MRP, Product Master, Product Inquiries, Inventory Transaction, developing, formatting, and extracting queries – moving into excel)
- Excel – including query interface, pivot tables, and VLOOK up function
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.