Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
As the IT Senior Manager of E-commerce and Digital for North America, you will have a successful track record of breaking down complex business ideas and delivering technology solutions. You will enable teams to be successful by removing obstacles and developing strategic relationships throughout the business and champion a data-driven and market-informed product visions and a strategy that supports the long range e-commerce plans. You will write product requirements documents and consult on complex product specifications while accounting for design challenges and external dependencies. You will promote cross-team and cross-organizational knowledge sharing through multiple forums, presentations, tech talks, design reviews and workshops. You are clear, concise and have a persuasive communication style that encourages action and can confidently present to executive stakeholders.
• Experience in building out omnichannel initiatives and infrastructure bridging the gap between online and in store retail with technology including BOPUS (Buy Online Pick Up in Store) and SDD (Same Day Delivery)
• Understanding of Order Management Systems (OMS) and familiarity and perspective on bringing in and building out a new OMS, experience in benchmarking, selecting, and implementing a new OMS solution and vendor.
• Experience building out complex Ecommerce functionality & enhancement projects as well as managing ongoing Ecommerce Sprint Cycles and development work internally as well as through 3rd party-vendors.
• Experience in designing complex systems architecture needed to support e-commerce and omni-channel supply chain initiatives.
• Ability to support the business leaders with the right technology choices, as well as pro-actively make recommendations for improvements or new initiatives.
• Experience with change management in a complex application landscape environment with a proven track record to lead cross-functional operations and project teams to overcome roadblocks.
Omni-channel; Order Management System
• Excellent understanding and experience of web technologies, UX & content architecture with a focus on mobile, web analytics, cross channel attribution, and Emerging technologies:
• You have an in-depth understanding of the technical and operational requirements of projects and products, speaking the language of APIs, caching layers, databases and pull requests.
• You can confidently design wireframes, create functional product specifications, and build testing strategies that multiple audiences can follow.
• You have experience in working in a dual/matrix reporting environment and have demonstrated your success in dealing with the ambiguity and complexity that arises from such a structure.
• Excellent communication skills; capable of explaining to non-technical managers the implications of various technology-related initiatives/options.
• Experience recommending architecture that supports digital application development and Deployment, taking into account the differing evolution cycles of the applications being deployed
• Expert level knowledge of digital strategy, enterprise architecture, optimization and transformation, emerging technologies, the latest market developments and emerging technologies
• Familiarity with Ecommerce systems and vendors preferably Salesforce based systems, POS systems, and Supply Chain Management (SCM) systems
• Minimum 5 years’ experience leading disruptive roadmap development, technology-enabled transformation, and driving major enterprise initiatives across business operations in a retail environment.
• Proven track record of success with digital technology enablement / enterprise transformation enabling businesses to revolutionize their offerings and gain a competitive market advantage across the digital stack
• Minimum 5 years’ experience advising major transformation initiatives in business, operations and technology across industry sectors.
• Experience in Demandware a plus, experience within the retail and luxury goods industry a plus
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.