Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
• Partner closely with Wholesale and Global Travel Retail North America (GTR-NA) Sales, Marketing and Finance to understand and manage product category business strategies to drive sales and optimize the inventory investment
• Build the best unbiased operational product/customer forecast to achieve sales goals
• Analyze actual results vs. plan at product/customer level, align with Sales and reforecast future demand.
• Provide forecasts for new seasonal products and new innovations; aligned with account managers and the Godiva Marketing launch dates, as well as the customer reset schedules.
• Partner with Supply Planning to ensure timely & accurate forecasts and product ship dates
• Partner with Customer Service and Operations on Inventory availability and Inventory expiration
• Manage Product Category Planning and SKU/Case Forecasting process for the NA-Wholesale and Global Travel Retail North America (GTR-NA) Channels
• Collaboration and communication between Sales and Supply Chain to ensure customer sales & service goals
• Develop a rolling 12-month Every Day product SKU/Case/Customer forecast by understanding sales trends, and in partnership with Sales Team. *Also, includes any promotional plans
• Develop seasonal and new product forecasts at SKU/Case/Customer level in collaboration with Sales, Marketing and Finance. *Also, includes any promotional plans
• Prepare monthly Sales reporting: actuals to date vs. plan and forecasts to go vs. plan; compiled with notes for the S&OP Forecast Consensus Meeting with Senior Leadership.
• Prepare monthly Forecast Accuracy & Bias details, with notes on positive & negative drivers and action items to improve; also, compiled and presented at S&OP meetings.
• Partner with Supply Planning on forecasts to ensure timing works with product launch strategies by season and to drive production and warehouse available inventory to achieve customer sales & service goals.
• Develop analytics to support the business: existing reporting and create ad hoc reports as needed to drive or react to current or future business conditions.
• Organize workflow by planning and prioritizing based on critical factors, managing your time efficiently to ensure meeting deadlines, being self-motivated and comfortable performing multiple tasks & priorities.
• Initiate & participate in project and process improvement work: participate in the development of information systems to support the business; modifications that will maximize the analysis of data for Demand Planning to positively impacting sales and profitability.
• Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 3 years’ prior experience in Wholesale/CPG Demand Planning
• Advanced knowledge of Demand Planning, Forecasting and S&OP processes
• Able to understand advanced mathematics and statistical modeling concepts and how these concepts are applied to generate forecasts
• Must have strong analytical aptitude along with superior critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively to both internal and external stake holders
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy is a must
• Ability to build relationships and influence at all levels with credibility, analysis and judgment
• Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
• Good organizational skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and satisfying deadlines.
• Enjoy working on a team while possessing a strong independent work ethic
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Email
• Willingness to learn new Business Intelligence Systems
• Travel to Headquarters in NYC with some overnight stays.
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.