Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
This individual will be key in their participation, assistance and problem-solving with plant operations, sanitation and maintenance.
The primary role and focus for the Q.A. Technician is to support operations and quality by assisting in data collection, analysis, communication and guidance to ensure food safety and the highest level of quality is maintained.
• Conduct incoming ingredient and packaging materials sampling, COA review, hold and release process
• Perform FSMS functions as it relates to the Q.A. technician role
• Inspect packaging as outlined in the Packaging Inspection Program
• Facilitate hold process for ingredients, in-process materials, finished and packaged products
• Maintain sample retains of finished products
• Monitor and record product weights, quality, and sensory as part of daily product showing
• Perform analytical and microbiological testing to support Production
• Routine decisions related to product quality and safety
• Provide on-line operator guidance in GMPs and other food safety issues directly relating to the Reading plant operations.
• Collect, analyze and communicate results to key stakeholders
• Perform on-line inspections as required
• Assist the Q.A. management with project work, rechecks of product held and from the field
Skills & Experience Required:
• Use various computer systems for data manipulation and basic analysis
• Strong document management skills, and attention to detail, accuracy is a must
• Ability to positively interact with individuals at different levels across the organization
• Decision making and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to work independently
• Enthusiasm and Energy for the Quality Assurance Function
• Associate’s Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or related field, or equivalent related experience in Food/Beverage Industry or production plant facility.
• Minimum of 1-5 years of experience in manufacturing, preferable food and preferably in Quality Assurance
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.