Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
Utilizing Total Productive Maintenance philosophies and practices as the benchmark the Maintenance Supervisor ensures all Reading plant assets are maintained at their designed operating performance utilizing the most cost effective, safe, and efficient and quality conscious methods possible. Responsibilities include implementation of work schedules by making individual job assignments to appropriate team member(s), providing technical guidance to clarify how to perform assignments, tracking progress and workmanship quality of individual assignments, providing regular performance feedback to team members, verifying qualifications of team members and recommending training as needed, and providing feedback to planning to ensure work schedules/job plans are efficient, effective and scheduling is accurate. The Maintenance Supervisor champions proactive versus relative maintenance practices, development of preventative maintenance program and individual tasks, effective utilization of CMMS system, continuous improvement concepts, plant safety/quality/6S/environmental initiatives, personal development of team members, uncompromising product quality, LEAN initiatives, new product introduction, employee safety, and food safety.
1. 50% - Analyzes individual work requests, and PM tasks, to determine appropriate labor, materials and timing required to schedule the work so that it supports the department’s Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) goals. Coordinates interactions with internal and/or external resources to ensure work is accurately evaluated, prioritized, planned and scheduled.
• Works with appropriate technical resources, both internal and external to the facility, to develop and maintain preventative/predictive maintenance (PM) database (i.e. task detail, instructions, frequency) for all plant assets.
• Operates and maintains CMMS. Coordinates activities required to develop and modify CMMS databases as needed to support department’s priorities and report its KPIs. Ensures CMMS databases are complete, accurate and intuitive.
• Monitors CMMS data to evaluate effectiveness of maintenance activities and report KPIs. Notifies appropriate plant engineering resources of abnormalities and participates in finding solutions.
• Provides the Maintenance Shift Supervisors with a weekly work schedule to ensure all technicians have 40 hours of planned work for the week. Reviews this schedule with supervisors before the start of the work week and incorporates supervisor’s recommendations into the schedule before finalizing.
• Coordinates with Maintenance Buyer to ensure parts and supplies required for individual work orders are identified and ordered in a timely manner, excess inventory is minimized, waste is eliminated and buys are carried out economically. Ensures parts/supplies are kitted to individual work orders. Assists Buyer with overflow of orders and fills in when Buyer is absent.
• Maintains regulatory and safety compliance documentation databases, e.g. CFC refrigerant usage, chemical usage, safety inspections, Hot Work permits, Fire Protection service/inspections.
• Maintains technical documentation library for all plant assets. Contacts vendors as needed to ensure all documentation remains up to date and any missing/damaged documentation is replaced.
2. 30% - Continuous Improvement of Equipment/Systems Reliability - promotes Total Productive Maintenance philosophies and techniques; works with appropriate technical resources, both internal and external to the facility, to develop and maintain preventative/predictive maintenance (PM) database (i.e. task detail, instructions, frequency); seeks out opportunities to improve the reliability of plant assets via proactive rebuilds and/or design changes; promotes proactive versus reactive maintenance
3. 10% Personnel Development and Staffing - evaluates skills/capabilities of maintenance technicians, recommends and coordinates execution of training/development; provides regular performance feedback; assures personnel have the experience, tools, supplies, and materials required for performing maintenance services; participates in evaluating/recommending candidates to fill open positions.
4. 10% Health, Safety, Quality, 6S, Environmental and Employee Relations - Enforces company rules and policies regarding health, safety, quality, 6S, environmental and employee conduct; maintaining a work environment that promotes teamwork, minimizes employee turnover and supports Reading's union free strategy.
• Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
• 8-10 years previous industrial Maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficient with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; enabling effective communication, both internal and external.
• Proficient with Microsoft PC software applications, e.g. Excel, Word, Power Point. Proficiency with AutoCAD a plus.
• Good administrative and mathematical skills with willingness to handle paperwork.
• Good planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to evaluate team members and provide direct, accurate, performance feedback.
• Ability to evaluate skills/capabilities of individual team members and utilize those skills/capabilities effectively.
• Ability identify and effectively utilize sound advice outside one's own areas of technical expertise.
• Ability to understand what constitutes good instructions.
• Able to read blueprints and shop drawings.
• Understanding of the proper use of work orders, priorities; scheduling, etc.
• Ability to keep multiple jobs in control simultaneously.
• Ability to bring about order from chaotic situations.
• Ability to troubleshoot technical problems with manufacturing, and utility, equipment and systems.
• Style and capability to command respect within both maintenance and operating organizations
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.