Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The North America Business Analytics Associate Manager - Wholesale Merchandising role is responsible for reporting and analysing business results and providing strategic insight and recommendations that will maximize sales opportunities for the Wholesale (Brick and Mortar and eCommerce) channels. Responsible for developing a strong business relationship with the NA Category Management, Sales and Wholesale eCommerce Teams to share insights on respective performance that could have cross-channel implications, collaborative problem solving and recommend strategic initiatives.
• Provide strategic insight and recommendations that will grow the business both short term and long term via the management and interpretation of product and overall sales data
• Supply information and recommendations to the Executive and Sales Teams on new product performance and its impact on existing skus and seasonal performance
• Lead and coordinate multichannel in-season and post season recap meetings that focus on top sellers, promotions, customer behavior, competitive landscape, summarizing what worked and didn’t work for the time period, making informed product recommendations in-season and pre-season
• Provide Wholesale analysis by providing data and recommendations by customer account
• Lead cross-functional team to drive sales in-season to achieve monthly and annual financial goals
• Lead relevant cross-functional teams (including IT) to develop tools, best practices and processes to have better visibility of accounts POS sales, ultimately to understand trend in business across accounts
• Participate in and lead aspects of data management and policies including data analysis, data modeling, and data quality
• Proactively identify trends and patterns, and present potential opportunities for business growth
• Collaborate with Wholesale.com team in developing product strategies and best practices to grow an emerging business
• Build successful seasonal product line plans and category strategies/mix leveraging history, market and customer knowledge, pricing assessment, trends, and financial risk and reward
• Partner with Marketing to manage product assortment, initial mark up and cost/retail price strategies; Determine pricing and assortment tiering across channels, locations and customers
• Initiate entry and exit strategy on new products or underperforming products
• Partner with Finance, Planning + Allocation on forecasting of product to support the annual plan and monthly forecasts, Including margin and financial results, comprehensive trend analysis, recommendation to achieve plan, interpretation of impact of new products on existing portfolio and price analysis; communicate effectively to cross-functional and leadership team
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with broader cross-functional teams to achieve seamless product-to-market process
• Maintain a high awareness of the customer, competitive landscape and trends in luxury and mass; Conduct regular market trips to collect seasonal trend and competitor data to share with management and the broader team
• Thrives in a fast paced area where product innovation is needed. Readily accepts and adapts to change. Must be confident and able to make decisions quickly and feel comfortable taking risks. Create and communicate relevant and effective presentations for product performance reviews, trend and sales meetings, and line plan presentation
• Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
• Years of relevant experience: 5 years of experience in a multi-channel merchandising environment
• Retail merchandising experience, with demonstrated expertise in product development, buying, and planning experience
• Strong communication, presentation, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to understand, interpret and present data findings across many levels of the organization in a clear and concise non-technical way that is understandable and actionable to the recipient
• Strong financial and analytical skills; Saavy in creating business models
• Practical knowledge of business strategy and alignment of analytics to impact the business
• Highly strategic with a strong POV to influence leadership and team with solid financials and data
• Able to thrive in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
• Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with all levels of direct staff and with peers and management
• Demonstrated leadership skills, with experience in managing, training, and mentoring junior staff
• Excellent luxury product sensibility and brand experience
• Microsoft Office proficient including ability to create powerpoint presentations and prepare complex spreadsheets
• Knowledge of external or proprietary large retail POS, markdown, planning and reporting systems
• Must be detail orientated and have a hands on approach to the product and the business
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.