Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
• Partner closely with Merchandising to develop and manage comprehensive business strategies to drive sales, optimize inventory investment and generate profit for the Direct Channel
• At a category level, develop sales, markdown, margin, and inventory plans that support the channel objectives
• Review and analyze actual results to plan: Forecast pre-season and in-season sales and inventory on a week/monthly/quarterly/annual basis specifically for the Direct Channel
• Partner with Supply Planning to ensure timely & accurate forecasts and product delivery
• Partner closely with Supply Chain Operations on Inventory Management; Stock flow and Expiring
• Manage Category Planning and Item Forecasting process for the Direct Channel.
• Build category and key item level plans tied to Channel sales, margin, in-stock and inventory turn goals.
• Collaborate with Marketing & Merchandising to ensure that financial objectives align with product plans.
• Create pre-season unit forecasts and buy quantities by utilizing historical data, current trends as well as Marketing & Merchant input to capitalize on new opportunities and identify risks.
• Provide in-season updated forecasts to merchandising team, detailing category opportunities and risks, recommending markdowns, and reflowing inventory as needed. Make informed decisions by using analytical thinking skills to identify potential problems and develop appropriate solutions, compiling and thoroughly evaluating all relevant data, include input of others; make plan adjustments.
• Prepare monthly Direct Category Review (DCR) details for executive leadership meeting: Sales, Markdowns, Margin and Inventory. Partner with Merchandising to manage this (DCR) open-to-buy process, with supporting actions plans at monthly business reviews.
• Prepare monthly Sales, Shipment, Forecast Accuracy & Bias details for Pre-S&OP and Exec S&OP meetings.
• Partner with Supply Chain to translate monthly product sales forecast into shipment forecast, ensure timing works with product launch strategies by season and to drive production and warehouse receiving.
• Partner with Supply Chain Operations on Inventory Management: stock flow from DC to DC, ribbon tying, bundle building, tracking perishable shelf life dates to expiration.
• Partner with Merchandising, Finance, & Supply Chain on bundles/kit/item-set creations
• Develop analytics to support the business: existing reporting and create ad hoc reports as needed to drive or react to current or future business conditions.
• Organize workflow by planning and prioritizing based on critical factors, managing your time efficiently to ensure meeting deadlines, being self-motivated and comfortable performing multiple tasks & priorities.
• Initiate & participate in project and process improvement work: participate in the development of information systems to support the business; modifications that will maximize the analysis of data for Demand Planning to positively impacting sales and profitability.
• Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5+ years prior experience in Web and/or Retail Demand Planning in a specialty store environment
• Advanced knowledge of Demand Planning & Forecasting and S&OP processes
• Able to understand advanced mathematics and statistical modeling concepts and how these concepts are applied to generate forecasts
• Must have strong analytical aptitude along with superior critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy is a must
• Ability to build relationships and influence at all levels with credibility, analysis and judgment
• Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
• Good organizational skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and satisfying deadlines.
• Enjoy working on a team while possessing a strong independent work ethic
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Email
• Willingness to learn new Business Intelligence Systems
• Travel to Headquarters in NYC with some overnight stays.
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.