Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.
The Manager, FP&A Retail provides support to Chief Strategy Officer and Head of FP&A in delivering management reporting, analytics and insights. This role will also provide on-going financial communication the Retail business unit. In addition, this role will be responsible for the preparation and management of all critical dashboards, assist with the measurement of business performance, and create, measure, and drive strategy and plan for the Retail business. On an as needed basis, this role will assist in providing support to other members of Godiva’s North America Leadership Team.
• Provide financial analysis to support Chief Strategy Officer and Head of FP&A including analysis of monthly financial performance from business unit, and manage communication of all Godiva N.A. Retail financial results.
• Ability to effectively work on special projects that include a high degree of ambiguity. (up-grade financial reporting project, new product analysis, capital investment, etc.)
• Aide in the preparation and review of capital projects (new store openings, store remodels, plant equipment requests, IS projects, etc.) and provide insightful financial analyses in a timely manner for new channel or product line extensions, new marketing initiatives, and similar projects.
• Create analysis models to value strategic options for new channel development, new market entry, capital investment spend and marketing spend options.
• Work with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for continuous improvement (planning/reporting and operational) across the business.
• Create analysis models to combine results across markets and analyze results for a portfolio of business across channels.
• Provide support to the Head of Global Financial Planning and Analysis in maintaining appropriate information databases on actual financial performance to aide in corporate reporting to our parent company.
• Participate in preparation of financial Information for Internal and external reporting purposes.
• Support Head of Global Financial Planning and Analysis and finance team in preparation of major presentations by Godiva management.
• Contribute as a member of a highly cross-cultural team.
• Prepare all financial reporting documents for Annual Operating Plan, latest estimate, and long range planning.
• Work closely with IT in order to implement and leverage system support and capabilities that meet business needs and requirements.
• Work closely with the controllership organization to determine Risk and Opportunities on an ongoing basis.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent financial analysis skills (particularly financial modelling skills)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
• Excellent computer skills (I.e. Microsoft Office applications-Excel, PowerPoint); experience with Hyperion preferred.
• Minimum education: Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting
• CPA is a plus
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.